O/T Almost ripped off!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I had a guy tell me once that I needed new CV joints on my truck. It was when I was working undercover and I looked like a biker. Why the guy thought he could pull a stunt like that I'll never know. If he had tried that with the people I was "hanging out" with, parts of him would be in a jar somewhere.

I had him write out a ticket for the repair complete with the description of the truck and told him I had to go get the cash. When I left, I went straight to the local PD and let them know. They had a municipal charge called "Larceny by Trick" that covered what he was doing.
marmot

Post by marmot »

I purchased a used 2001 Ford Escape three years ago after driving a Honda Accord as my primary vehicle for thirteen years. Man, compared to my Accord, this vehicle is a piece of crap. The bolts on the AC compressor sheared off. The master cylinder blew out. The lower control arms, tie-rods, and sway-bar links did not make it to 90K miles. I had to replace one of the spark plug coils at 80K miles when I replaced all of the plugs and wires because cylinder #2 was misfiring. The cruise control stopped working before 80K miles. The coolant reservoir sensor shorted out at around 50K, and I just had to run with the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve yesterday. I mounted a full attack on it with carburetor cleaner and an old toothbrush last night, and that seemed to do the trick. However, there is a tech bulletin that states that the IAC should be replaced with a revised part along with the Evaporative Vapor Management (EVAPMN) valve, Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, and the DPFE sensor (I replaced the DPFE sensor last year). Additionally, I may have to replace the Power Control Module (PCM) because the early component is not re-programmable.

I will never purchase another Ford vehicle as long as I live. The Escape has truly been a “Fix Or Repair Daily” vehicle. I have my fingers crossed because the transmission on the Escape tends to pileup at around 90K. There is zero doubt in my mind why Ford is having financial troubles. I want to escape from my Escape.