scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

fuzzy wrote:Remember ; This scope is a fixed 3 power scope ( did not see variable anywhere on site) with a ballistic "drop" compensating reticle. Because the power is fixed you must match the arrow speed and arrow weight to the reticle. Not so easy. If your arrow does not weigh x grains and does not travel at x fps it simply will not match up. Thats where the variable power comes into play, one can dial the speed ring (magnification) to compensate for multiple arrow weights and speeds allowing for a more flexable tuning process. Thats why the Varizone scopes are just that :D
Thats true didnt think of that.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've been biting my tongue on these 'Hawke" scopes long enough. I'm all for a better mouse trap but, IMHO, this ain't it.

1st off, the reticules remind me of looking thru a screen fence. Way too 'busy'.2nd off, you tune the arrow weight to the scope to get even ranges 'on.' Excuse me, got that weight dialed in and ain't gonna change it for nobody.

3rd, what the heck do we need to kill deer at 20-40 yds? Minimal optics is my answer.

I like my 'Zones"' Good for 250-350 fps, so rumor has it.

If you are over that performance window, ignore this post.
"Eze 18:21"
michiganman

scope

Post by michiganman »

a couple of the guys on archery talk tested them out and liked them.said was a very good low light scope.I have the varizone scope and like it,JIM
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
mikej

Post by mikej »

i'll stick with my varizone thanks :lol: