Educate us Yankee's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stash

Post by Stash »

Yeah, here in Ontario we're way top-heavy with bureaucrats.

These are the people that make 6-figure salaries to decide stuff like in WMU 13 they will allow 775 moose bull tags (for gun hunters) but in WMU 14 they will allow only 29.

They have also decided that a falconer's license should be $19.81, and your crossbow needs to be at least 99.2 lbs for deer hunting.

Absolutely nobody understands the procedure for applying for a moose tag. There are some 18 pages of moose regulations, and that's what they call the SUMMARY. :roll:
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Stash wrote:Yeah, here in Ontario we're way top-heavy with bureaucrats.

These are the people that make 6-figure salaries to decide stuff like in WMU 13 they will allow 775 moose bull tags (for gun hunters) but in WMU 14 they will allow only 29.

They have also decided that a falconer's license should be $19.81, and your crossbow needs to be at least 99.2 lbs for deer hunting.

Absolutely nobody understands the procedure for applying for a moose tag. There are some 18 pages of moose regulations, and that's what they call the SUMMARY. :roll:
Hahaha. It's funny 'cause it's true. Another bureaucratic blunder was moving the doe tag lottery ahead by a month and forgetting to inform half the hunters in the province. Then forgetting to ship buck only tags to the stores and sports shops. There were a lot of unhappy hunters this year and a lot fewer of them in my neck of the woods during the rifle season this year.
Mike P wrote: Phoenix_Tom wrote:

Mike: there are no trophy deer in Ontario! Don't waste your time up here.

I hear ya Tom, same thing down here in Ohio. Seems to me that Virginia is the place with all the deer. Why I hear tell of some deranged farmer down there been a killen em right and left.
I've seen the deer down in VA. They may have nice racks but even a trophy buck down there is the size of a small Ontario button buck. I suspect some black ops special bureau of a government agency has done biological experimentation down there to micro-miniaturize the deer. :lol:

I think it's the same agency that wants to make the deer in WI glow in the dark for road safety reasons.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s