Hunting Teams Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Re: Hunting Teams Question

Post by raydaughety »

I've been meaning to ask you if you are near my Father in Law. He lives near St. Roberts? Anyhow, we have a huge number of dog hunters in our state so after the first week of rifle season getting a deer close enough to kill with any archery equipment is nearly impossible. What ever you all decide is fine and I shouldn't have butted in. I really don't see a lot of hunting in the near future for me anyhow.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Don't take it that way Ray. If there is a contest this yr. they will set-up rules that is fair to all. I hunt with my CB & thats my choice, i could use a firearm.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Sorry Vixenmaster, that didn't come out the way I intended. With the things going the way they are this year the contest is the least of my concerns. I can't afford to sweat the small stuff :wink: . It's all in good fun. My first priority is putting meat in the freezer and if I score a few points along the way, hey that's a bonus :D . I haven't heard from Grizz in a long time. How about Grizz, you up for it?
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I get the standard pt's on Doe with CB 25 i think. Up til last yr all the Bucks i counted were 25 pt's fer CB. Yer Father-in-law is about 100 miles north of me.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

sumner4991 wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote: Rich, I doubt I join a team this year..

Join a team? Heck CF, you are the team. LOL. Besides, we will need to defend the title . . .again . . .3peat. :wink:

thats why im not doing it... we won because we all consistently took deer(all 3 of us). Doesnt matter whatsize the bucks were at all in the contest.

I thought the contest was fair to all some im not sure how it could get better? Vixen, maybe you can head it up this season for everyone? But it weas setup so guys that took small bucks wouldnt get blown out by those that took huge bucks whether it was by bow or gun.

i take to much pride in ML'er hunting to go bow all year though... even if its a ML'er, 30 yards is my max shot;)

im all for a big buck contest though;) thats what ive always wanted to have on here, but it wouldnt be fair for states to compete with big buck states
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm all for the teams again regardless of hunting equipment - even just for the trash talking. :) Curves with Recurves! Laura? Bugs?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i say lets just do a doe contest this year....that way it will come down to inches to determing the winners this time....it is really easy too, just need 3 measurements from the doe....can be teams or not....

1. from tip of nose to tip of tail down the spine....
2. the 2 measurements of the ears from tip of ear to base on the outside of ear....

then just add those 3 up for a total, there can be a 4th measurement around the neck at the jaw/neck line for girth :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
weezy

Post by weezy »

This sounds like fun.I hope everyone wants to do it again.Im not sure how one goes about joining a team but count me in.Anyone want to join up?Ive taken my fair share of nice bucks even though im only 19.

Someone head this contest thing up and get things rollin!!! 8)