bob1961

Re: my butchering method...........

Post by bob1961 »

cool..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

secret wrote:Kill deer...Cut out tenderloins...eat tenderloins...1/4 deer... make jerky....feed all your friends!!!!! repeat process!!!!! next tag!!!!!!

same here:) i eat mine that night or the next day.. sooner the better and they dont last long. I just cut mine in slices and fry in the pan. Then break out the A1 sauce and enjoy... 2 loins last maybe 5mins in my house :lol:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

bob1961,I use essentially the same method to debone a deer. I learned how to do it from a butcher. However, I hang it on a tree and skin it immediately after harvesting. Once at home I remove the head and hang it overnight. The next day I'll trim off all the tallow (fat) and butcher using the aforementioned method, package it in Ziplock or vacuum pack bags and freeze ASAP.

Using that method I end up with one of the following from each hind leg: a sirlion tip roast and an eye of round roast, inside round and outside round pieces which I slice into cutlets. The tenderloins I usually cut into approx. 8" long pieces, (they're great on the BBQ). The shoulders and hocks I also debone and make into "chucks" for stewing. The neck I'll trim and cut into roast size pieces. I cut and trim the ribs into 4" X 5" pieces (use them along with some stewing "chunks" to make Italian tomato sauce to top my spagetti). All the remaining small pieces (scraps) that remain I trim off all the fat and silver skin, grind and use it to make Italian-style sausage.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

yes the tenderloins never see the fridge i eat mine that day...its kind of a tradition for me..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!