exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sandow

Re: exomax

Post by Sandow »

Can you give me an idea of how big the advantage of the lumi-zone in low light conditions is?
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Unless you're hunting in the deepest darkest cedars the Varizone will likely be just fine for legal hunting hours (pre-dawn and post-sunset).
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day, mate the exomax is an awesome xbow but l have some lower lb bows which l enjoy shooting more all day long without chewing through strings in my opinion 175 lb is plenty unless your in Aussie shooting buff. best regards blackjack
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
cevans

Post by cevans »

I would take into consideration where do you hunt? Open areas? Brush? Cutover timber areas? I bought the Exomax for a flat shot as possible. Not the weight issues vs loading, vs. lighter poundage so I could shoot all day. Plus pushing a heavier arrow possibly. I wanted kentic energy in my shot. Just a couple of reasons that made me decide in my bow selection.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have both a Vixen and A Exomax. I love them both. I would trust either of them to bring down any animal I hunt. Both shoot great.

BUT . . .I just can't bring myself to hunt with the Vixen when the Exomax is available. TRAJECTORY. One simple word that keeps me grabbing the Exomax.

You can slow down the Exomax. You can not speed up the Vixen. You can not easily speed up any of the bows. However, you can easily slow them down.

If the Exomax feels comfortable in your hands when holding it freehand for a shot, then get it. Otherwise, insert any Excalibur bow in place of "Exomax" in the sentence above and buy it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have both the Varizone and the Lumizone too . . .I like the Lumizone best. Not for the luminating ability, I can just see through it more clearly.

I have the Lumizone on the Exomax.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I have a VariZone, but if I had it to do all over again I would get the LumiZone or one of the upcoming Excalibur offerings. The VariZone has performed great, but I would like a little more light gathering ability. Something with a 40mm or higher objective lens would be more to my liking. Where I hunt shooting hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. I live and hunt in the mountains. It can get dark really quickly on the East side of a mountain on a cloudy day. Likewise, it takes for ever to get light on the West side of the mountains in the morning. These low light periods are the prime times for buck movement. I've had instances where I could see fine with a naked eye, but not so well through my scope.

I have a Leupold VX-I 3-9x40 on my rifle and it is quite different. I can see very well in low light conditions. Its much better than with the naked eye. I haven't tried a LumiZone, but if it has similar light gathering ability I may have to consider an upgrade.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

maybe its just mine but my varizone lens has a yellow tint to it. its not the clearest scope. maybe wait for the new models to come out if low light is what your worried about.