boaters card

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hazmat

Re: boaters card

Post by Hazmat »

I think that it it a money grab as well; but don'tget caught with out it! I was stopped twice in one week on Mazinaw Lake last week while we were camping at Bon Echo provincial park by the O.P.P.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Definitely a money grab . They got your $$$ the 1st time around and the rules will change -- the licence will become renewable just like all the other licences we need here in Ontario .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I wish I did it when it was a little more simple. The wife did it recently and it was fairly in depth. I don't get why it is so important, anyone can write the test for anyone else, which tells me what you all have confirmed, it is just about money.
I have no intention of doing mine anytime soon, I navigate small waters for the most part, usually on days when nobody is around, larger bodies of water and the wife takes the wheel.

Last year my buddy who had done the test through a tent in a sportsman show got a call, the examiner was under investigation and the caller was confirming everyone who had tested under him/her, there is a good chance he will have to re-write.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I got mine years ago, just challenged the test at a sportsman's show.
The booth was the Power Squadron.

Just like with the fishing license, I don't take a chance at having to give them more money.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"