Anyone Know About "Sail" Hunting Stores?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CanuckBen

Re: Anyone Know About "Sail" Hunting Stores?

Post by CanuckBen »

tat4life wrote:
Rogue_wave wrote:I can not find the link to Lebaron"s anymore. I think it came up with it when I did the google search. As far as the LeBaron name goes, I heard that the former owners last name is Le Baron.

Cheer
http://www.lebaron.ca/english/main.htm
What R/W meant was that there was a mention, on Sail's own website, of the LeBaron's name (and not what LeBaron's website address was) :)
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
Tom

Re: Anyone Know About "Sail" Hunting Stores?

Post by Tom »

I went to the opening today in Oshawa and was not overly impressed. I guess I was expecting great deals. Do not get me wrong, there were good deals, but nothing that said I had to buy it because of it's price.

The workers were very pleasant and helpful. They had a huge line up of guns, fishing equipment and hunting supplies. They did have a Rep for 10 Point there and I was very disappointed in what I heard him say. HE told one customer to try out both Excalibur and Ten Point to see what was best fit for him (I thought that was great advice) but then went on to trash Excalibur and recurves in general. Telling the customer that to cock a recurve with a cocking aid your hands would end up way up here, holding his hands way above his head, but the compound would end up at chest level. He also said that Ten Point was now more accurate then Excalibur and was winning more competitions.

In my eyes this trash talking makes Ten Point look childish and lowers my opinion of them. I thought they had more class then that.

Sorry about the rant but now back to the store. It is more a store for camping, hiking, canoe & kayaks and clothing which is in my opinion on the high end of cost with their lineup which is not really a bad thing, but makes things costly.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]