MNR Meeting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

Re: MNR Meeting

Post by taz3 »

Even if the records are kept from the registry, they will be difficult to use as admissible evidence in the court of law, because of the new bill voids their legitimacy. The only thing they will be able to do is track who the original purchaser of the rifle was. The worst thing now, is the NDP want to put it back in place. :evil: Good thing we live in a free country! :roll: :(
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

CANADIAN SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION / CANADIAN INSTITUTE FOR LEGISLATIVE ACTION

TEAM CSSA E-NEWS - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CSSA to boycott Chief Firearms Officer's meeting
“Public officials are spitting in the face of Parliament:”

(OTTAWA -- May 3, 2012) The Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) will officially boycott the 2012 Chief Firearms Officer's (CFO) Range Seminar on Saturday in Barrie, ON.
The association is protesting the Ontario CFO's intent to ignore Bill C-19 by demanding that firearms retailers must record all sales at the point of purchase. The CFO's decree is in direct conflict with the wording of Bill C-19 and shows contempt for the parliamentary process.
“Accordingly, the CSSA is expressing our outrage toward the Chief Firearms Office by refusing to lend credibility to their event,” says CSSA and Canadian Institute for Legislative Action executive director Tony Bernardo. “The CFOs are taking the law into their own hands and spitting in the collective face of Parliament. These public servants are way in over their heads legally and we refuse to be a part of any forum they are hosting.
“The CFO's exceeded their moral authority where firearms sales are involved because they have chosen to ignore the will of the Canadian public,” add Bernardo. “This has absolutely nothing to do with public safety -- it's all about the CFOs trying to retain power and relevance. And as with all gun control measures, it is more about control than guns.”
When Parliament passed Bill C-68 in 1995, gun owners were forced to register their firearms against their will. Millions of firearms owners bit the bullet and complied with the law, even though they knew the registry was a mere political pacifier that would not keep the public safer.
“We are law-abiding citizens and did what Parliament decreed at the time,” explains Bernardo. “We were well aware that the registry would create an expensive shopping list for computer-hacking criminals, but we did what the House of Commons and Senate dictated. The CFOs don't seem to share our respect for the law and have chosen to make their own rules in spite of Bill C-19. They have invoked Section 58(1) of the Firearms Act to do basically what they want and ignore the House of Commons and the people of Canada.

“We've tried to work with them in the past, but those days appear to be over,” he adds. “The CFOs have declared war against the Canadian firearms community and our elected federal representatives through oppresive enforcement and arbitrary, shifting rules. These civil servants have repeatedly demonstrated contempt for the responsibility of authority, and the CSSA will be asking Parliament to rein them in.”

-30-

The CSSA is the voice of the sport shooter and firearms enthusiast in Canada. Our national membership supports and promotes Canada's firearms heritage, traditional target shooting competition, modern action shooting sports, hunting, and archery. We support and sponsor competitions and youth programs that promote these Canadian heritage activities.

Joining the Canadian Shooting Sports Association is important and inexpensive!

Be part of the solution.

Help us oppose the anti-firearms groups that want to take away our sporting firearms.

To join or donate to the CSSA, visit: http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/membership.html

------

To subscribe to the CSSA-CILA E-NEWS, send email to: [email protected]

To unsubscribe send email to: [email protected]

To change your address or manage your subscription options, visit: http://lists.cssa-cila.org/cgi-bin/mail ... ila-e-news
-------
CANADIAN SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION / CANADIAN INSTITUTE FOR LEGISLATIVE ACTION
116 Galaxy Blvd, Etobicoke ON M9W 4Y6
Phone 416-679-9959, Fax: 416-679-9910
Toll Free: 1-888-873-4339
E-Mail: [email protected]
Website www.cdnshootingsports.org
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That is about the ledger, the books that firearm retailers keep to monitor sales. It was the same way before the registry.
That information is not freely available to LEO, it requires a warrant to access.
It is indeed BS, but it also isn't likely to go anywhere. I have no intention of buying new until this gets figured out, but it is also important to remember the information is not readily accessible to police or anyone else but the dude who sold the gun in the first place, but then, they already knew you bought it.
I suppose while the battle is on, an it sure is on, we should get rid of as much tracking information as possible before it all takes a step backwards. But again, that ledger was around long before the registry, it's not new.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Pydpiper wrote:That is about the ledger, the books that firearm retailers keep to monitor sales. It was the same way before the registry.
That information is not freely available to LEO, it requires a warrant to access.
It is indeed BS, but it also isn't likely to go anywhere. I have no intention of buying new until this gets figured out, but it is also important to remember the information is not readily accessible to police or anyone else but the dude who sold the gun in the first place, but then, they already knew you bought it.
I suppose while the battle is on, an it sure is on, we should get rid of as much tracking information as possible before it all takes a step backwards. But again, that ledger was around long before the registry, it's not new.
Did you read the other thread. Guess I never did get bad information. CFO has a back door registry already on the go.

Like I said, leave the gun in the store if they want personal info written down. I am going to do it for shells as well. Just tell the store I won;t be back.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Stop the paranoia !!! I can't believe how many people can't accept that we are back to where we were 20 years ago. I just got my new gun in the mail from Alberta, pal # ,address to send it to and my visa # . The info is to show It came off the stores inventory, The CFO has no idea I sold it yesterday to some guy.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Bones wrote:Stop the paranoia !!! I can't believe how many people can't accept that we are back to where we were 20 years ago. I just got my new gun in the mail from Alberta, pal # ,address to send it to and my visa # . The info is to show It came off the stores inventory, The CFO has no idea I sold it yesterday to some guy.
Deleted it not point,
Last edited by wheelie on Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joe171

Post by joe171 »

I spoke with 3 yes 3 gun retailers in the Nigeria aria

Walk in with your PAL walk out with your weapon

Com on give it a rest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

joe171 wrote:I spoke with 3 yes 3 gun retailers in the Nigeria aria

Joe
Thats good if they didn't write it down. I would support that store.

How is your Wolverine with Middleton limbs and your new Middleton bow working out for you?
bugs

Post by bugs »

I trust no one, never have, I allow it to a point but deep down i can count on one hand the people I truly trust with anything. I certainly dont trust anyone of power. But I could care less who knows what I have or what I buy unless it can get in the hands of a criminal to rob me.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
joe171

Post by joe171 »

wheelie wrote:

Joe

How is your Wolverine with Middleton limbs and your new Middleton bow working out for you?
Hay Wheely
I put the Wolverine up for Sale
To be honest I put the Excal on a chronograph and it was not what i expected actually a disappointing
That being said We don't live so far apart you old HVAC coon LOL we got to hook up some time Joe
colder13

Post by colder13 »

From the Toronto Star Note where it states "Toews said firearms officers are not authorized under Bill C-19 to collect any “point of sale data” or take any other measures “that could facilitate the creation of a provincial long-gun registry.”:

OTTAWA—The federal public safety minister has fired off a rocket to RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson, ordering him to flag any efforts by provinces to track long-gun sales.

In a letter sent Tuesday to the top Mountie, Public Safety Minister Vic Toews threatened unspecified “legislative and regulatory measures” against defiant provincial firearms officers who engage in what he calls “unauthorized data collection.”

Although the RCMP’s operations are supposed to be at arms-length from the public safety minister’s office, Toews clearly instructs Paulson in writing about what he expects of the RCMP.

The RCMP is in charge of administering the firearms program, which includes gun-owner licensing and the collection of data on restricted and prohibited weapons. It also maintains — until a Quebec court challenge is decided — the data previously collected under the defunct long-gun registry.

Toews reminded Paulson and the RCMP’s director general of the firearms program, Pierre Perron, that the government won a “strong mandate” to kill the long-gun registration requirements, and is in the process of doing just that.

The federal Conservative government intends to “respect” a judicial injunction from a Quebec court against destroying the long-gun registry data for now, Toews said.

But he wrote that the Conservatives will “vigorously oppose in the courts” Quebec’s efforts to save the data and set up its own registry, and any other province’s efforts to do the same.

Toews said firearms officers — appointed under the Canadian Firearms Program — are not authorized under Bill C-19 to collect any “point of sale data” or take any other measures “that could facilitate the creation of a provincial long-gun registry.”

“The Canadian Firearms Program and the RCMP at large are to provide no assistance or direction to any province seeking to undertake measures of this nature, except as expressly required by valid provincial legislation.”

The Supreme Court of Canada upheld the creation of a long-gun registry in 2000, saying it was within the federal criminal lawmaking power, and didn’t “hinder the ability of the provinces to regulate the property and civil rights aspects of guns.”

So far, the only province that’s made concrete moves to pick up where Ottawa has left off is Quebec. However, Ontario’s chief firearms officer has also angered gun enthusiasts by indicating he’ll seek vendor data as well.

The issue is to come before Toronto city council later this week.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

The federal Conservative government intends to “respect” a judicial injunction from a Quebec court against destroying the long-gun registry data for now, Toews said.

But he wrote that the Conservatives will “vigorously oppose in the courts” Quebec’s efforts to save the data and set up its own registry, and any other province’s efforts to do the same.

oppies!!!!! That doesn't say all provinces are deleted but Quebec. Though people said all is destroyed except for Quebec? LOL Guess once again, I hate to say it but I......never mind.... LOL...... I am with Mrs. Bugs.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

joe171 wrote:
wheelie wrote:

Joe

Hay Wheely
I put the Wolverine up for Sale
To be honest I put the Excal on a chronograph and it was not what i expected actually a disappointing
That being said We don't live so far apart you old HVAC coon LOL we got to hook up some time Joe
Likely be at shoot in Elmira this weekend. Awaiting a back operation so have to see how I am the morning of event.

I have been to Hamilton. Think the beer stores were on strike so we lined up at the brewery there to get some beer years ago. LOL
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Hay Wheels

Shoot in Elmira .........Would that be CARP or GAR fish LOL

Hamilton brewery sold to Molson so I now like my brandy

Watch out with that back

Joe :D :D :D
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

joe171 wrote:Hay Wheels

Shoot in Elmira .........Would that be CARP or GAR fish LOL

Hamilton brewery sold to Molson so I now like my brandy

Watch out with that back

Joe :D :D :D
3D shoot that organizors are crossbow friendly. Some of the compound shooters are not so friendly with us.