Who has a garden started?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bugs

Re: Who has a garden started?

Post by bugs »

What a lovely garden :shock: :D Mine is tilled but I still had frost last year. I planted a 5 in one apple, a 5 in one pear and a mutsu apple tree. I am building a chicken coop (used to have 50 about 8 yrs ago), I have raspberries and garlic already. I want to try haskap berries this year but have to find them. Also just got a bee hive.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Look's like a lot of busy folks playing in the dirt, maybe in a month a scare-crow contest to help the summer a long? I hope all grows well for all

Wes
Last edited by Limbs and Sticks on Wed May 09, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Morangus wrote:My crop has been planted too. Unfortunately it has to be under heavy vegitation to keep the ATF at bay and I have to bury the water lines running into the woods to keep others from knowing what it is that I'm harvesting... :lol:
Don't you mean the DEA? :wink:

Where it rained, it washed all of the dirt off of the rocks on the surface from the last time I tilled the garden. :wink: I told the boy this morning that when he gets home from school today to go down into the garden and pick up all of the rocks that he sees. :lol: I figure another day of sun and it will have dried out enough to till one last time and plant. Looking like Friday I'm going to be busier that a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest! :shock:

Bugs, I'm thinking of building a chicken coop also. Growing up, at one time we had about 150 hens laying and had the egg market cornered in the little down we were in. :lol: I miss the nice fresh eggs, not to mention the chicken crap was great fertilizer for the garden. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I have green tomatoes the size of hard balls!
"Eze 18:21"
rayman

Post by rayman »

Very nice looking garden.

Haven't had one in a while, but my little boy is 8 and I figured it would be a good project so we are doing a small one: zuchini, cucumbers, beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, and okra. Still working on the fence to keep the deer and neighbors cows out. Fence wire is up $100 per roll from the last time I bought any. :?

Never had rhubarb wine but it sounds good. No rhubarb around here except maybe at Publix. Some of the old timers around here made blackberry wine. My taxidermist makes very good blackberry, blueberry, and grape wines. :)
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Nice looking garden

I have tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, pepper, okra, corn, cabbage, onions, green beans, radishes, cantelope,potatoes, and watermelons. All my stuff is up I had to replant a few things because of a frost. Our garden works us pretty good after 8-10 hours at work. The benefit is awesome when everything sytarts coming in. Good Luck to everyone. God has truly blessed us.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Around here I don't plant anything until 15th of may as a rule.
Only earlier if it is frost hardy.
Only once did I plant before May 1st and lost enough to have to start over.

But you do have a nice garden.
TFS
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"