Need opinions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Re: Need opinions

Post by UPSMAN »

throwing in my 2 cents worth of advise only because I see that you are buying a new equinox (same as me). I too, am new to crossbows but have been shooting mine a lot. first off,take awshucks advise and contact Danny Miller about anything you need to buy for your bow. I am shooting the factory string with gold-tip bolts that have a 100 gr. brass insert and a 100 gr.head. I also have the firebolts that came with the bow but the heavier FOC G.T. bolts shoot better groups. I've only shot 2 different BH, the 100 gr.swhacker and 100 gr. exact. they both shoot the same POI as my fieldtips. I am shooting the twilight scope and it works really great at dusk and dawn. I would suggest you shoot from a rifle benchrest when setting up your bow,that will eliminate shooter error and your groups will be true. I also suggest that you pull the trigger with the safety on before you get ready to shoot. this takes much of the creep out of the trigger before you fire the bow. as for accuracy, you can expect your bow to hit a tennis ball sized bullseye at 50 yds almost every time. welcome to the forum,and good hunting.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Will the Rage stay closed in flight at 350fps?
Won't matter, you ain't gettin 350 fps w/o FFF and 350 gr arrows. Back [06] when I bought my Emax, it came w/ both. Gt changed their shafts [.007" thinner]and they would'nt make min weight, hence Firebolts.
"Eze 18:21"
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

wanted to add one important bit of advise to my previous post. when shooting your bow from a bench vise,be very careful to NOT rest your non trigger hand on or near the rail if you are fond of keeping all of your digits.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

Lota of good advice!!
Thanks...
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75