uncocking safety

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: uncocking safety

Post by strum »

ltcnav wrote:Why in the world would anyone try and cock or uncock the bow with an arrow loaded? PLEASE remove arrow before cocking/uncocking.
BTW, some great videos on the web site, that covers all of this in depth.
let us know when you do it 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Foonus

Post by Foonus »

Load these, and make sure you pick up a serrated one:
Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 125gn, always have one in the quiver as what I call an "oh &hit arrow". No matter what I am hunting, you know it would take down anything to save yer butt including upset buffalo, menacing moose, bear, boar, or even GSP (lol never!)

After looking at it if the idea of taking half your toes off doesn't stick in your head for the duration of the hunt then tune the broadhead to be in line with the bottom (rail)vane so it goes between your toes because its parallel to them. That way you'll only be taking off one at a time. :lol:
\\\\\___________________\"-._
/////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/.-'

Equinox/Tact-Zone/FFF String/S-5/TAC Pak
CX Maxima Hunter 20'' W/ Muzzy Crosskill 125gn. Total 413gn.
Leupold RX-1000 TBR DNA
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

strum wrote:
ltcnav wrote:Why in the world would anyone try and cock or uncock the bow with an arrow loaded? PLEASE remove arrow before cocking/uncocking.
:lol: :lol: :wink: :roll: How in the world would ya cock a bow with an arrow in it, Not trying to be a smart arse here just wondering, :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
strum

Post by strum »

papa bear1 wrote:
strum wrote:
:lol: :lol: :wink: :roll: How in the world would ya cock a bow with an arrow in it, Not trying to be a smart arse here just wondering, :)
i didnt even catch that one PB..i guess it would be pretty tricky
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Never thought it would happen to me.

Was out with another woman a few weeks ago. She was using my Vixen. At the end of the evening hunt on the way back out, I offered to uncock the bow for her. She was a new hunter and not in the habit of taking the arrow out of the bow at the end of legal light - and without thinking about it, I put my foot in the stirrup and kicked my broadhead. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I turned the bow toward the last bit of light and showed my friend what I'd just done. Figured I might as well. Good lesson for her too. No harm, and no injury. I removed the arrow and uncocked.

Never say never!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.