X-Act Mechanical Broadhead ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ParkerSxS

Re: X-Act Mechanical Broadhead ??

Post by ParkerSxS »

Masboy wrote:I,ve had to get new broadheads every year till the last two. I ,ve bent an damaged about every aluminum feral broadhead I ever shot . now I shoot rocket steelhead for expandable an slicktricks for fixed. they been shot thru deer breaking rib bones an all were pass thru an laying or sticking in the ground. i practice with the same heads I hunt with an they have been thru the target an buried in the ground many times. I still have all of them an everyone still spins great an fly like darts. have never replaced blades yet just resharpend an in my quiver they go. no more broadhead problems for me!

Masboy,
So what’s the deal on these Rocket Steelhead’s?
Seems there is some controversy between the old & the new.
Is it true the old ones are much better than the new ones made today?
Are you using old manufactured Rocket’s or the newer?
Where do you purchase yours?
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I heard the old ones were better ? but mine are the new ones an work great for me an real fieldpoint acurracy at hunting ranges. I get mine at Lancaster archery supply . I also see rage came out with a solid steel head . I,m just a fan of short solid steel heads an I like to practice with every broad head an arrow I hunt with.
ParkerSxS

Post by ParkerSxS »

Masboy wrote:I heard the old ones were better ? but mine are the new ones an work great for me an real fieldpoint acurracy at hunting ranges. I get mine at Lancaster archery supply . I also see rage came out with a solid steel head . I,m just a fan of short solid steel heads an I like to practice with every broad head an arrow I hunt with.
Thanks, I may have to give them a try. 8)
You & I aren't to far apart, I live in Manchester, PA.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

If you ever get down this way an would like to do some shooting an try some different broadheads an arrows an strings you are more than welcome anytime.
rej

Post by rej »

Most of the posts or picture I see on here about mechanicals are about damage. That is the trade off for quick path to accuracy. I have tried about 15 different BH following what I read on here. The experimenting is fun but in the end I had problems with mechanicals like I see on here. My favorite BH is the SlicTrick 175 magnum. Very tough and flies to same POI as field point. The other one I like is the NAP 125 gr. Hellrazor. Also an all steel BH and now being offered in carbon steel. POI is 2" lower than SlicTrick with same sighting. These are very easy to sharpen in the field. I use a piece of arrow shaft to thread them on and a few passes over the stone and they are ready. Although they are lighter than the SlicTrick penetration is excellent because of design. There are no replacable parts on them and the tip could be damaged on a pass through by rocks. I like the idea of mechanicals but prefer the dependability of steel fixed BH.