Scent-Loc Opinions..........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ParkerSxS

Re: Scent-Loc Opinions..........

Post by ParkerSxS »

xcaliber wrote:Spend the money on the undergarments from Bass Pro, or Cabelas. I wash them in baking soda, and use the earth scent dryer sheets, they have helped on a few occasions because of the wicking properties. Outer wear i think is a waste of money.
The best thing anyone can do is not get heated up to the point where you break a sweat going to your hunting spot. I wear as little as possible, almost freezing by the time I get there, then i cool down a bit before putting on the heavier stuff.

Good luck, play the wind!
I totally agree.
Getting sweated up first thing in the morning can make for a
very cold miserable day in the woods.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

flightattendant100 wrote: Hunt the wind, its your buddy. On really still days.... you are on your own. :lol:
Where I hunt in the mountains, I'm on my own most days unless we have a very strong wind. If the winds are under 10mph, in any half hour period the wind will swirl around the mountains from every direction. I check the wind on the way to the stand, then hope for the best.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I think good hunting clothing is important but I don't spend my money on the scent eliminating clothing. I do use scent eliminating soaps and deoderant and play the wind. Every little bit helps but I don't have much use for those types of garments. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads