Got my new 355!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Re: Got my new 355!

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on the 355 you'll love it I'm sure. My wife's 330 is pretty sweet we haven't even broke it in yet.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
ianinno

Post by ianinno »

congrats on the 355, just got mine last Wed and when i mounted the ADF i had to do the same thing with the spring! Does it not hit the rail know when you fire it as it is awful close??
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Thanks guys. I am really liking it a lot and I have not even shot it outside yet! Yes the arrow retainer is right on the rail, I am going to tweak it up just a little and put some shrink tubing on it and hopefully that will solve that problem. I definitely do not want any chance of the arrow moving up and down the rail.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Just added shrink tubing and Bowjax dampners to the arrow retention spring.Went to Home Depot and got the shrink tubing. Also wrapped the foot stirup in camo duct tape.
Next add on may be a triggertech trigger, but I am going to have to save up for that one.
( lots of vane clearance past the dampners)
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

Do yourself a favor and put the Trigger Tech in it. I bought a single stage from Dan Miller and it is awesome!! Everybody seems to go with the two stage but he didn't have one at the time so I grabbed this one and I love it. It will def. make a difference in your group sizes. :D
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've noticed in the pic below that you have a tube of red loctite. If you use that on any of your screws you can rest assured that they will be secure. Just don't expect to have an easy time removing them if the need arises. :wink:

ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
deermanct

Post by deermanct »

Making my 1st post on this forum. Great choice in bow. I hunted with my 355 this past season, my first ever using a crossbow. Can't say enough good things about Excalibur! Love the 355, you will too! I was able to "tag out" during the archery season here in my home state of Connecticut. I'll be ordering a 330 very soon to compliment my 355. Good luck to you and good hunting.