Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onegunguitar

Re: matrix 405 trigger problem

Post by onegunguitar »

Put a Trigger Tech in it and be done.......you will be glad you did :D :D :D :D
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

onegunguitar wrote:Put a Trigger Tech in it and be done.......you will be glad you did :D :D :D :D
Perhaps you're correct. However, just some food for thought.

Excalibur triggers have been around for over 30 years, and have proven to have withstood the test of time :!:

Trigger Tech no doubt are good triggers, but as a new product have many years to go before the same can be said about them. So please don't sell the Excalibur triggers short.

If blame is to be placed, it should be on the consumer for demanding more speed and performance. Like anything in life there comes a time where the limit is finally reached. Striving to surpass that limit is only asking for trouble.

The question is, has that limit be reached?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

ComfyBear wrote:

Only once the bolt speed hits the speed of light and pulling the trigger produces gravity waves will I be satisfied. :twisted:
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Osella

Post by Osella »

Excuse me for my ignorance. I am here because I want to buy my first crossbow (matrix 405) but What is trigger tech???
Osella

Post by Osella »

At the end did you have any problems with matrix 405? trigger or other ? How is this crossbow?
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Osella wrote:Excuse me for my ignorance. I am here because I want to buy my first crossbow (matrix 405) but What is trigger tech???
It is an aftermarket trigger that increases accuracy and reduces string serving wear. Involves removing and replacing the factory trigger.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Osella wrote:Excuse me for my ignorance. I am here because I want to buy my first crossbow (matrix 405) but What is trigger tech???
Since you have yet to own a crossbow, perhaps setting your sights on the Matrix 405 might be premature. I have owned crossbows for over 24 years, and have come to learn that they are NOT toys. In my opinion, I feel that the 405 should not be the choice of someone "cutting their teeth" on and learning how to use their 1st crossbow.

Trigger Tech is the name of a company who manufactures "after-market" triggers which are specifically made to replace the factory original Excalibur triggers. Even though they are new on the scene, they appear to have received enough exposure to warrant consumer attention.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

I will get mine replaced asap. Not something I want to play around with. I'm sure Excalibur will take care of it quickly.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Osella

Post by Osella »

thank you very much species... How much does it cost? I call you when I invent crossbow LIght velocity :) :)
Osella

Post by Osella »

pinshooter do you have a problem with your matrix 405?
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Osella wrote:thank you very much species... How much does it cost? I call you when I invent crossbow LIght velocity :) :)
In Canada they are in the range of $140 to $180

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Species8472 wrote:
Osella wrote:thank you very much species... How much does it cost? I call you when I invent crossbow LIght velocity :) :)
In Canada they are in the range of $140 to $180
Must be nice to have extra money to spend on a new trigger. Oh, but I forgot you can "write it off" as a business expense. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me it was cheaper, actually free, to just have it replaced with another factory original. Besides I know that if the new one fails, as an OEM, I'll have legal recourse as opposed to having to find out who's responsible, if an after-market one does.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

So all of this jibber jabber & no one knowed if'en there be a recall on the early 405 mega's. I don't own one jus curious
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

ComfyBear wrote:
If blame is to be placed, it should be on the consumer for demanding more speed and performance. Like anything in life there comes a time where the limit is finally reached. Striving to surpass that limit is only asking for trouble.

Not looking to blame anyone but your opinion that the "consumer" is to blame is ridiculous!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't think the limit has reached to end of technolgy yet. Other crossbows have surpassed 405 fps. I remember a compound crossbow model paradox that did hit 400 fps back in 04 wid Danny Miller. So 10 yrs later the Recurve matched it! Thar be hundreds of thousands of crossbow ppl. wantin those super fast models. Money to be made hand overfist!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315