Rage Broadheads for crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

youngguns

Re: Rage Broadheads for crossbow

Post by youngguns »

Big D I shoot a 380, I never had a premature deployment! I learned a lot of priceless information from all the forum friends on this site! I shot a vertical bow for years until I bought my matrix 380 I was clueless to crossbow world asked a lot of questions, researched,followed instructions etc.I believe we can all find the answers in this place we call excalibur :D :D :D
A stupid question is a question never asked
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Go fixed, there are too many great fixed head out there to make one less thing to sweat over on my list. Honestly, the advantage is non existent! My 2 cents, dead deer in eye sight to prove my point! [URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... c.jpg.html]Image
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... d.jpg.html]Image

NAP Thunderhead!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!

Post by newbie »

Use whatever broadhead you have confidence in! Most important thing is to know it inside and out, how it works how it shoots and you are confident it will do the job! Ive used both the rage 2 blade and grimm reaper whitetail special with no issues. Both blew through deer did their job because i did my job and had confidence in them.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I converted my original O ring Rages to shock collar kind with some heat shrink tubing, large enough to fit over back the 'head. Cut a piece that extends to where it catches the blades and slightly past the end of the thick part of the head. Shrink the back part a tad. The collar is held in place by the arrow's insert when the 'head is screwed on. Works great.
Tinkering, it's what I do.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
mjac

Post by mjac »

This thread on Rage BH's has been very informative. Thanks for bringing them up.
I received several Rage BH's with a used Vortex I purchased but have not had the opportunity to to try the xbow or the Rage BH's on game. Meanwhile I have been practicing with the same weight field points. I did not receive a Rage practice point.
Does anyone know where I can pick up a 125g Rage practice point?

Thanks
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Personally, I would like to see photos taken from your stand showing me dead deer! Prove to me that I should be using these heads! I hunted with them for 3 years using verticals, but I could not honestly say they were paramount to any other broadhead! Shoot what you like, and have confidence in. Good luck, but i know what I'm using. 8)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I don't mean to be negative, but I have had my issues with them in the past.
Last edited by xcaliber on Mon May 26, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

mjac wrote:This thread on Rage BH's has been very informative. Thanks for bringing them up.
I received several Rage BH's with a used Vortex I purchased but have not had the opportunity to to try the xbow or the Rage BH's on game. Meanwhile I have been practicing with the same weight field points. I did not receive a Rage practice point.
Does anyone know where I can pick up a 125g Rage practice point?

Thanks
http://rageoutdoors.shop033.com/c/44567 ... -tips.html
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

xcaliber wrote:I don't mean to be negative, but I have had my issues with them in the past.
Ok, you can step down off the soap box now. Everyone doesn't have to agree with you.

There are a lot of broadheads that kill a lot of animals and they aren't all fixed head broadheads. When mechanical heads first came out, I'm sure there were some issues. But today both offer good choices and that's a good thing.

As stated before, it's a personal we can all make. Practice with what you want to hunt with and then hunt with confidence.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You're right, and I have some friends that still use them, and probably will until they die, quit hunting, or they are no longer available. I have killed my share of deer with them, and they put blood on the ground, and provide quick kills.

I put the soap box away! :lol:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

xcaliber wrote:You're right, and I have some friends that still use them, and probably will until they die, quit hunting, or they are no longer available. I have killed my share of deer with them, and they put blood on the ground, and provide quick kills.

I put the soap box away! :lol:
I must have missed a post because I didn't come away from your last post thinking you were on any kind of soapbox. ????? Nonetheless, I also used a lot of mechanical simply because they flew better than fixed blades. I did have issues with some, Rage included, so with today's fixed blades that give field point accuracy beyond 100yards I choose to shoot them just because it eliminates the possibility of potential failure. That being said, I agree with shooting what you're comfortable with and have confidence in.
Dan, I didn't think your post was negative or out of line, just your opinion. Kinda like this is my opinion. :roll:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Drury Bros. Outdoors, one of their sponsors are Rage Bh's, if you want to see how good these bh are, pull up some of their shows,remember these are pros shooting them.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:Drury Bros. Outdoors, one of their sponsors are Rage Bh's, if you want to see how good these bh are, pull up some of their shows,remember these are pros shooting them.
One thing I absolutely have to concede to with regards to the Rage is that they have been and are marketed BRILLIANTLY! 'Rage in the cage' and so on. Lol. As long as they open when they're supposed to I'm sure they work excellent. I wish continued luck and success to everyone who chooses them. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

paulaboutform wrote:
Limbs and Sticks wrote:Drury Bros. Outdoors, one of their sponsors are Rage Bh's, if you want to see how good these bh are, pull up some of their shows,remember these are pros shooting them.
One thing I absolutely have to concede to with regards to the Rage is that they have been and are marketed BRILLIANTLY! 'Rage in the cage' and so on. Lol. As long as they open when they're supposed to I'm sure they work excellent. I wish continued luck and success to everyone who chooses them. :wink:

You must have seen some of their footage :mrgreen:
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers