twisting the string to shorten it

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Re: twisting the string to shorten it

Post by 8ptbuk »

Always go to one end or the other , doesn't matter , Twist ccw and you'll be right . Twisting from the same end a lot will affect the position of your center serving on the rail SLIGHTLY .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
strum

Post by strum »

8ptbuk wrote:Always go to one end or the other , doesn't matter , Twist ccw and you'll be right . Twisting from the same end a lot will affect the position of your center serving on the rail SLIGHTLY .
'I disagree with you man. the serving will self center. doesn't matter how may twists you put in it.
any time you twist a string .be a crossbow string or a ship rope and pull pressure it will even out.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

If you've got a stretcher at home measure down to the start of the serving and then add 4 ccw twist and remeasure . Under tension of course.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Come back an hr later n ck the 4 twists n see that the strings as shifted itself! Always does, its like the stretching it jus keeps doing it. Then one day it stops n you see a strand as broke, junk it put anudder string on start all over. Ain't life good
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
strum

Post by strum »

8ptbuk wrote:If you've got a stretcher at home measure down to the start of the serving and then add 4 ccw twist and remeasure . Under tension of course.
Dude.. if that was true then that would mean the serving part would stay stationary . Mike is right on .
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I went home and put a string on the stretcher and and lets say its centered perfect on the rail . 13 3/4 - 17 3/4 ( 4 in. serving ) .
[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/1longb ... 3.png.html]Image

Then I added 4 CCW twist to it .
[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/1longb ... 2.png.html]Image

As you can see it did move the ends SLIGHTLY like I said . No big deal at all , Doesn't hurt a thing . But to say the ends don't move at all isn't exactly true .[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/1longb ... 2.jpg.html]Image

This last picture was took 3.5 hours after the 4 ccw twist were added and as you can see its still at the same place and wont move back . This string is a 40 strand BCY-X Flemish that has all the stretch pretty much out of it . Results might vary with different strings and materials but this is what Im seeing . :D When I send a string to someone I try to make sure its centered as perfect as possible .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Strum wrote:It's ok, I've had this argument before.......sooner or later someone will try it and see my point...... :mrgreen:

believe it or not I understand what yer saying there Shucks .
I always take the string off the right side so it is CCW for me but if I took it off the left it would be CW if I look at it from the serving out to the end of the string. but regardless of the side you twist if you look at it from the end then its CCW.
Guys there is absolutely no need to twist both sides. when you put twists in the string from whichever end you choose and the put the limb pressure back on , it evens itself out.
X2 agree 100% with what Strum has stated above, he's no dumb bunny. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
FireFly

Post by FireFly »

LOL. What we have here is a failure to communicate!

Actually, this is the way I do it:
onebigskittle wrote:Left handers :lol: what do you do with them? I am left handed and I put the string on the left tip first and the right side next and when I twist its the right side CCW. Now I cock with my right foot but un-cock with my left
If I were to put the string on the right tip first then I would twist the left side CW to shorten but that's not normal for me. Just look for the way the string was twisted when made
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The serving, if centered when originally applied will stay centered. The string will equalize as Strum, and others have stated. When I reserve, or make strings, i measure for center before adding back twists and the center does not change.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Guys , I'm talking about 1/16 !!!! Please give me 1/16 !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: All in fun !!!

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That's all you're getting :lol: :lol: I see your point, and understand the reasoning, but have not seen this. When twisting the string, both ends should tighten the same distance.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I have a Danny Miller string that you twist CW, so it depends on who made your string!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
strum

Post by strum »

ok ok ill give you a 1/16 :lol: :lol: but shoot that string or let it sit for a while longer and youll have to give it back :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks strum ! :D

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]