Matrix Brace Height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kenoakee

Re: Matrix Brace Height

Post by Kenoakee »

When i un boxed and assembled my new 380 the string was already digging into the bumpers. Is this normal?
Matrix 380 - Tact Zone Scope - 18" Diablo Bolt w Luminok
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Kenoakee wrote:When i un boxed and assembled my new 380 the string was already digging into the bumpers. Is this normal?
yes, the string will stretch during shipping and may need to have a few twists added to it to get it off the bumpers.
Don't shoot it with the string resting on the bumpers or they will wear out quickly.
Mine was not touching the bumpers when I got it, but Dan told me he had installed one of the new strings that are now made shorter.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Venango41

Post by Venango41 »

I got my Matrix 380 a week ago, and the string was on the bumpers. I shortened the string to 1/4" off the bumpers, and three days later it was back on the bumpers. Initially I had to add about 12 twists to the string to get it to the 1/4", and I wondered why the strings were so long. Glad to hear they are now getting shorter. I have been shooting Trad for quite a few years, and the simplicity of the recurve crossbow is the reason I got this as my first XBow. Excalibur bows are a well thought out design, and I'm happy for this Forum to understand the bow.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Correct Brace Height to me is the distance between where the rail meets the riser and the serving, 5/8 to 3/4 shoots as good as it gets on my matrix, that also gives you enough air between bumpers and string and it has no effect on anything.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:Correct Brace Height to me is the distance between where the rail meets the riser and the serving, 5/8 to 3/4 shoots as good as it gets on my matrix, that also gives you enough air between bumpers and string and it has no effect on anything.

Wes
This for me as well.

RG
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Rusty Gate wrote:
Limbs and Sticks wrote:Correct Brace Height to me is the distance between where the rail meets the riser and the serving, 5/8 to 3/4 shoots as good as it gets on my matrix, that also gives you enough air between bumpers and string and it has no effect on anything.

Wes
This for me as well.

RG
I agree with these guys !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

I've played around with the brace height on my new Matrix 380, and have found that it shoots the most accurate if I keep my string at 3/4 from where the rail meets the riser. So I put a mark on the side of the rail, that way I know when my string has stretched any.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope