Triggertech matrix hunter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Triggertech matrix hunter

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:
woodmnctry wrote:what zactly does the red trigger thingie do that is better??-----------did not put one on mine and now wondering if I should have??
G
The red trigger is shaped more ergonomically correct and has needed extra length that just makes the trigger fit better. I would also recommend it.

....agreed Paul....and it does look COOL 8) too!

Anthony :)

PS: I am not sure "I" would have bought it had it not been a "show" giveaway...but am glad I did!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

Not to muddy the waters, but I have a single and a double. Me personally I'm just as happy with single and going forward wouldn't spend the extra $$$.
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

vaXbow wrote:Not to muddy the waters, but I have a single and a double. Me personally I'm just as happy with single and going forward wouldn't spend the extra $$$.
X2- I am used to and prefer a single stage.

I tried the 2-stage it's nice,and probably safer, but personally don't like the feel of a trigger moving "before" it goes off.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

ComfyBear wrote:
vaXbow wrote:Not to muddy the waters, but I have a single and a double. Me personally I'm just as happy with single and going forward wouldn't spend the extra $$$.
X2- I am used to and prefer a single stage.

I tried the 2-stage it's nice,and probably safer, but personally don't like the feel of a trigger moving "before" it goes off.
X3...my ownself.....I have smoothed all of our triggers (4) and really
don't think I could be more happier with the action of each.
I also did experience a 2 stage TT that my son's friend brought over
couple weeks back.
I shot it, and its got its creep :shock: !!!
then the young man shot our 2011 vortex, and then he asked if I would
take his original and "do magic" to it.
I did and that's the last one for anyother outside the family.
I kinda raised that boy most of his ado....so, he's as good my own !!

spend your $$ as you wish and be happy .................. 8)
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

I put a single stage TT in my 355 a few months back,I love it. I don't understand why guys prefer not to use them for hunting,to each his own I guess. I have my .270 set up with a "hair" trigger,just barely touch it and away it goes,never had a problem with it deer hunting. :)
rnldcramer

Post by rnldcramer »

I have the 2stage on my 355 and like it, but would probably go with the target model next time.
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

See now you got me wondering if I should get the single stage. The reason i wanted to get the double was because I've heard these target triggers can go off too easily. What do you guys think. Any premature releases experienced with the single stage?
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

HorizontalArchr wrote:See now you got me wondering if I should get the single stage. The reason i wanted to get the double was because I've heard these target triggers can go off too easily. What do you guys think. Any premature releases experienced with the single stage?
The TT triggers are a quality trigger.You wont have any issues with an accidental discharge (AD)., at 2.5 lbs. I dont think you will have a worry even on cold days with gloves. Its enough weight that its a good trigger but not scary light. You cant go wrong here either way.
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

flightattendant100 wrote:
HorizontalArchr wrote:See now you got me wondering if I should get the single stage. The reason i wanted to get the double was because I've heard these target triggers can go off too easily. What do you guys think. Any premature releases experienced with the single stage?
The TT triggers are a quality trigger.You wont have any issues with an accidental discharge (AD)., at 2.5 lbs. I dont think you will have a worry even on cold days with gloves. Its enough weight that its a good trigger but not scary light. You cant go wrong here either way.
100% agree..... :D
HorizontalArchr

Thanks to everybody who responded via post, pm, or emails. I decided to go with the TT matrix hunter and as recommended ordered a red trigger to go with it. All I have to say is I feel like a kid waiting for xmas morning. Tried calling DM but couldn't get through so ordered from wyvern creations instead. Got free shipping so I guess I saved a few bucks. Hopefully it won't take to long to get here bc I want to find out once in for all how good this trigger will be on my 380. Never been steered wrong on the forum before so I'm expecting the best. I will update you guys in a few days and let you know how it turns out.
Side note- whoever I talked to at TT was very knowledgable and answered all my questions without ever once sounding annoyed. He even suggested I order from one of the there US retailers so I could save money on shipping and get it faster. great customer service and reminded me of when I had to call Peter at excalibur for warrenty work (very small issue).
Matrix 380
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
Twilight scope
HorizontalArchr

Received my new trigger tech hunter for my matrix today. Man Wyvern shipping is horrible. It took two whole days to get to maryland. Opened it up installed the red trigger after looking at the directions for a minute and proceeded to take apart my 380. Unfortunately I stripped one of the 4 loctited trigger screws attaching the stock trigger to the gaurdian rail. Could not get it out. Called Danny miller for advice. He said ship it to me and turn around would be a few days. I said ok and hung up. Disappointed and then thought to myself, self we can do this. Drove to lowes and bought a small, skinny file. filed a notch down the center and was able to finally get it off with a flat head screw driver. Touched up the frame with a black paint marker and finished installing the TT and reassembling the bow. Looks just like new. Headed straight to the range. First shot was a surprise. Went right through the first stage to the second without knowing it. Made a few adjustments and was good to go to 50 Yrds after a quick run through the yardages. Man this trigger is sweet. Slow steady squeeze, no creep and just when I hit the wall it breaks like glass. Took about 30 shots to familiarize with it. I can't wait to get this thing in the field on Saturday. Practiced a few fast off hand shots to see what it would be like in a hurry up situation. It is deadly and I intentionally yanked the trigger to see how it pulled compared to the stock trigger. This is where it shined the most. Couldn't see any pull at all. Once again thank you forum members. This trigger may just be the best upgrade by far I've done to any of my excaliburs. As others have said before, my only regret is not doing it sooner
Matrix 380
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
Twilight scope