Red dot or scope for new Micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Re: Red dot or scope for new Micro 335

Post by BrotherRon »

My brother inlaw just got rid of the red dot scope after going to the cabin to shoot a few weeks ago and finding the battery dead in it.
He does not want a dead battery to ruin his hunt.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

my aimpoint will last 5 years if left on. if you get a quality red dot its not so much an issue. with my cheaper red dots i just hit up ebay and get like a 50 pack and squirrel them away everywhere. funny thing is that since i bought so many batteries i always remember to shut them off. :lol:
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

i too have a new micro and new to crossbows. i really like the scope that came with it. i can zero it at 20 and like you said its right on at 30 , 40 , and mine is a liltte high at 50. but no hold overs or guessing.
LoneWolf45

Post by LoneWolf45 »

Once I get something drawn up to represent a deer-sized body in the reticle at various ranges, I will post it here. This will be very effective for determining range to target quickly.

I'm off the red dot train, no offense to red dot fans. The no-guessing experience I had shooting with the Octane, at known ranges, was impressive.
Mtn Jack

Post by Mtn Jack »

My Eco max has fast fire 3 and ha optimiser I can shoot in the dark if I had to. Mine is 3 moa dot which I find just perfect in low light. There is 3 settings and an auto mode. I also can see my level with both eyes open, both eyes open is a major plus when hunting, as your field of view is increased for the deer just out of normal view. This set up also keeps the weight down to almost a bare bow. Have fun and a rewarding season. Mtn Jack