What things have you come across ,hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

Re: What things have you come across ,hunting

Post by hankenhunter »

Let's see, a funeral papoose hung in a tree(empty), 2 steam donkeys, a dead moose calf 8 feet off the ground hung up in a highway game fence, and watched a grouse fly into a tree while avoidng a hawk. :lol:
Hank
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Erasing mine as it's not too family appropriate after reading it. :oops:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Had A hot air balloonist come down in the field I was hunting,,thing was huge,,,it was a touch and go landing,,glad he didn't hang around

Late season last year I was up in one of my favarite stands overlooking a waterhole which now was startin to freeze,,here comes this Doe,,she was looking for a drink of water I guess,,,she put her front leg on the partially frozen water and slid head first and crashed through into the waterhole,,she completely disappeared for a moment,,thrashing to get out,she quickly did,,it was a helluva noise,,she then proceeded to lick herself dry and regain her composure for about 15 minutes right in front of me,,this all took place inside 10 yards to my stand :shock:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
William Biggs

Post by William Biggs »

A beautiful white doe...

While hunting in a middle of the field ground blind, I had 20+ young fawns and does come and sniff out me and the blind. I couldn't move an inch for what seemed like an eternity. I could hear every lil bodily function they performed and my heart beating through my chest. They just stayed within feet from me until dark. It was the 1st day of the season and it never happened again.
#teamMatrix
Nikon Bolt w/ AR rings
Danny Miller stops
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i was in canada this spring i have a flemish string on my bow it was puffed out near the tips as they do had a humming bird peck at my string must thought it was a flower
maple

Post by maple »

Was still hunting through a stand of cedars. Came out the other side and there was a whole bunch of big bags of Promix, layed out and covered with burlap. Out of every one was growing a marijuana plant. Musta been a hundred of em ready for harvest.

Smiled, looked around, and left.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

maple wrote:Was still hunting through a stand of cedars. Came out the other side and there was a whole bunch of big bags of Promix, layed out and covered with burlap. Out of every one was growing a marijuana plant. Musta been a hundred of em ready for harvest.

Smiled, looked around, and left.

....yea right! :mrgreen: Peace, Love, Happiness! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...just funning with ya Maple!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I was sitting on the edge of a woods overlooking a field one evening when I heard something to my right and out of the corner of my eye I saw a fawn walking out of the woods about 4 feet from me, and about 20 seconds later one walked out about 3 feet on my left. Then I heard something behind me sniffing me, then retreat back a few feet and move to my right... then walk around me to the other side in a half moon about 5 feet away.
(I must have looked like a statue as I never moved)
It was the doe checking me out. A couple minutes later she walked up behind and sniffed my hat again, then retreated back a few yards and stomped her foot. The fawns looked like someone had slapped them on the butt as they vacated the field right in front of me when she stomped her foot.
I don't think she ever really knew what I was, as I used to put a couple drops of skunk scent on my hat for masking. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Another time I took my little brother with me to help him get his first deer with a bow. When we got where we were going we could see a doe feeding on the end of a few rows of corn that had been left for the deer. I told my brother to go in a couple rows and see if he could sneak close enough for a shot while I hid ia a little draw that the main trail went through. I watched him step out of the corn and release his arrow but didn't know if he had hit her or not. About 10 seconds later here she came barreling down the trail with an arrow protruding from her side. She didn't see me and if I wouldn't have stood up and yelled I think she would have run me over :shock:
We found her 40 yards farther laying next to a spruce tree! :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
bubba

Post by bubba »

on a cool autumn morning bass fishing in lake Kissimmee, throwing worms across cypress stumps, dawn was just starting to crack, made out some thing sliding on the water towards my boat, a 17' jon boat with a 9.9 h.p. kicker. My buddy was fishing the back i was in front, workin the trolling motor, He being from N.J. and not familiar with fishing in the south, Anyway he yelled snake! Sure enough a 5 foot water moccasin slid into the back behind the transom and wrapped himself around the motor under neath the cover....One of the funniest things i have ever seen.. The expression on his face as he nearly knocked me off the boat getting away....It was a great memory i won't ever forget...And a real pain in the butt getin that snake unwrapped off my motor.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

I have another one that was so funny to me,I was hunting on my 30acres river bottom.It was early morning and I was in my gun stand.I heard something coming through the woods and I saw a man walking toward my stand.I hard my head net on ,so I slumped down in my chair to see what he was up to.He kept coming,crossed the creek .Then he climbed up my ladder!I turned and looked through my window and said what are you doing here.He said I am looking for my brother.I told him your brother isn,t here,and get out of here ,your on privite land . I thought he was going to break his neck getting off my ladder! As he was walking away I seen he had a hack saw in his had,he was going to cut the lock on my stand.Never seenhim again ! :lol: :lol: :lol: Ron!
Last edited by deerskinner on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubba

Post by bubba »

I think i'd have put an arrow in his butt...If not before getting in my stand...for almost, for sure after he left.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

I shot my rifle the other direction as he crossed my creek.He told someone I knew that lived there that he did have to change his underware when he got home! It scared the crap, litterally out of him ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Found my kids boyfriend after a a recent turkey hunt I took him on.

Told him to move to a different position of the large wid rose bush we set up under/near when i heard a tom coming in from a different position and to take the gear with him that way he and it wouldnt be spotted. I pointed to the spot and and he proceeded to start to walk in front of me. Stopped him and told him to turn around and go around the bush.

A couple minutes pass and still no kid, it wasnt a big bush maybe 20feet long roughly. A couple more minutes pass and still no kid and then I noticed the gear is still where it "shouldnt be".

Well.... more time passes, no kid and the turkey stops calling/coming towards us so i call it quits. Considering I now have no idea where he is at and the turkey stopped i am both frustrated and confused.

I put my bow on the ground and go to start looking for him wondering what the hell happened to him.

As it turns out, he did start to go around the rose bush but stopped at the very end and stayed there (minus the gear).

Yeah.... this is only one of many "adventures" with him since I started taking him with me. I think its been about 7 times so far and not once has something "boring" happened. Kinda feel I have/need to keep taking him with me otherwise something really screwy could happen.

Our hunting episodes would probably make a great tv show too and none of it would be made up. The best part is is that he goes for his bow test this weekend (vert compound).

He's a good kid, treats my daughter right but.....LOL
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:Found my kids boyfriend after a a recent turkey hunt I took him on.

Told him to move to a different position of the large wid rose bush we set up under/near when i heard a tom coming in from a different position and to take the gear with him that way he and it wouldnt be spotted. I pointed to the spot and and he proceeded to start to walk in front of me. Stopped him and told him to turn around and go around the bush.

A couple minutes pass and still no kid, it wasnt a big bush maybe 20feet long roughly. A couple more minutes pass and still no kid and then I noticed the gear is still where it "shouldnt be".

Well.... more time passes, no kid and the turkey stops calling/coming towards us so i call it quits. Considering I now have no idea where he is at and the turkey stopped i am both frustrated and confused.

I put my bow on the ground and go to start looking for him wondering what the hell happened to him.

As it turns out, he did start to go around the rose bush but stopped at the very end and stayed there (minus the gear).

Yeah.... this is only one of many "adventures" with him since I started taking him with me. I think its been about 7 times so far and not once has something "boring" happened. Kinda feel I have/need to keep taking him with me otherwise something really screwy could happen.

Our hunting episodes would probably make a great tv show too and none of it would be made up. The best part is is that he goes for his bow test this weekend (vert compound).

He's a good kid, treats my daughter right but.....LOL

....very important in the overall scheme of things George....now if he starts not treating her right....sounds like you would have no trouble making him "disappear" :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings