excal grizzly

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fredd

Re: excal grizzly

Post by fredd »

firebolts and diablos are the only bolts we can buy easily. After they strip vanes i redo them myself. I have bought custom before and work awesome . i find with the diablos are working the best the firebolts are a tad higher at target.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Keep us posted on that Grizzly I've been looking at them for my youngest son and waiting on some reviews before I buy one.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
BobbyR

Post by BobbyR »

Hi Ohio, buy your son the Grizzly. I have had mine since January, and I was kind of skeptical about the smf rail, but I did not want to sink 800 bucks into my first xbow. Turns out not to matter, that smf is as tough as a tank. My bow chronos 306-307 with Diablos and 125 grain heads for a total weight of 372 grains. The Grizzly is deadly accurate out to 50 yards, if I do my part. I haven't shot any farther because my Dead zone does not have any more chevrons to aim with. I would not trade this bow for any right now, but at some point I may buy a vixen for my wife. If you decide to buy any Excalibur, you will not be making a mistake. If I were near you, I would be glad to let you and your son try my Grizzly, and that invite extends to anyone on this forum that lives near Marion, VA. I am as proud of this less than 600 dollar package as I would be if it cost 4x that. Again, buy him the Grizzly, or the Cub if you prefer black instead of camo, you can't go wrong. Also the fine people on this forum really helped me a lot when I was agonizing over my first xbow purchase.
BobbyR

Post by BobbyR »

Oops, just checked, my Grizzly came in at the last of February. Sorry for the mistake.
fredd

Post by fredd »

Was shooting the grizzly again last night. Was out at 60yrds and grouping was good at 2'' with the diablos and the firebolts. I'am impressed with this little bow. It shoots as good as any 330 and 380 and 335 and i owned all 3 of these models . Other than the speed difference between theses models with the grizzly being the slowest the weight difference is what i like the most. For hunting out to 50yrds no problem and target shooting at farther distances should be good to. 70 and 80yrds here i come.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....got a chance to hold one at Boofest....sure felt like a mighty nice Excalibur to hold!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Something is going down! Good Luck with the Grizzly. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
CalhounWV

Post by CalhounWV »

Just got the new Matrix Grizzly home, sighted in and very happy with the purchase.
Matrix Grizzly, diablo bolts w/luminated nock, 150 gr. BAT boltcutters.
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

I have had my Grizzly for 2 and a half months have dropped 6 hogs so far
I am using Diablos with Magnus Stinger BH 125grain
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
center12

Post by center12 »

Hi, first post, but have lurking on here for a couple of months.

Been shooting my Grizzly quiet a bit and like it so far, first crossbow so don't have a lot of background. Bow shot nice with the supplied fp 150's, felt it got a little loose with fp 125's, was awfully form sensitive with 100's. I tried using Easton HP inserts at 52gr. and the 125's grouped well and the 100's were more forgiving. Today I added GT 110 brass inserts, WOW, those 100's stacked out to 40 yards. Threw some 100 Slick Tricks on and was shooting baseball sized groups at 40, each arrow will impact in the same spot but different from the others. I've indexed each arrow and have squared insert face, would call operator error but it's so darn consistent. Learning the in's and out's of crossbow feeding, have reserved twice.....I'm now in the frequently wax the serving camp, wear is greatly decreased. Sorry so long, but thought I'd share what I've done with my bow. Feel very confident out to 40 yards, bow feels great compared to other bows. Shot a lot of dots back in the day and a little OCD when arrows go outside the X. Enjoy the info shared on this site, thanks.
New to the game.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You start a new member thread so folks can welcome you aboard.

Welcome aboard!!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

Can anyone post a picture of a Grizzly side by side with a Micro please?
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

If I had to choose one single xbow to buy from the newer line up to use for 3D and hunting it would be the Grizzly.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
fredd

Post by fredd »

so true so true monica. im loving this bow.