Does it really make sense?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rein1

Re: Does it really make sense?

Post by rein1 »

Boo I really think a lot of the madness is brought on by this forum, No other crossbow has a forum with so much knowledge to be given for free... I would. dare to say Excalibur best support and service are people like you boo willing to help people out.. Excalibur would not be the same without this forum and the old timers on this forum... But still I agree why do people wait till the last minute ??
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

So this wouldn't be a good time to ask about you doing a trigger job? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I shoot most of the summer. My xbow gets out a lot in fall but doesn't get nearly as much shooting then. LOL.

I've found some broadheads that fly like my field points so I can go from 3D to hunting without doing much.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

rein1 wrote:Boo I really think a lot of the madness is brought on by this forum, No other crossbow has a forum with so much knowledge to be given for free... I would. dare to say Excalibur best support and service are people like you boo willing to help people out.. Excalibur would not be the same without this forum and the old timers on this forum... But still I agree why do people wait till the last minute ??
Thank you Rob!
I started this thread in hopes that some newbies would learn for next year and perhaps some won't be hunting until November when they'll go off on a paid hunt only to discover a week before that something rendered their bow non-operational. Can you imagine their horror when their bow won't hold a zero or their string is boogered or their bow is making a strange noise?
I think I'll bring this thread back up late spring or early summer 2016.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Boo wrote:
StormDragon wrote:So BOO, ya got me thinking about your dilemma of not having a season caused by other peoples "emergencies".

When they send you a bow to be repaired, tweaked, looked at etc, instead of sending it back right away, take it out hunting for a day for "testing".

This way you get to go hunting while being able to say that their bow is now "field proven".

Win Win for everyone!!
No you silly Jerseyian! :mrgreen: Archery is not my business. I just have my fingers in it way too deep. :shock: I own an operate a shop with 5 guys, repairing cars and it's getting busy! The main reason I won't be hunting is because of moving into a newly built house. I won't have any place to set up string making, arrow building and a place for my hunting stuff. It will all be in a box for a couple of months until everything else is done.
So...to tweak my original idea.

You have 5 guys that work for you, you have a shop with various automobiles including trucks I'm guessing that need to be tried after they are fixed and you have a new empty house that needs to have the stuff from the old house filled with stuff moved into it?

If I'm right above then have your guys drive said fixed to be tested vehicle to your old house when finished repairing them, place need to be moved items from old house in need to be tested vehicle and drive both to need to be filled new house and empty said vehicle of transported items into new house

Repeat as needed
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
rein1 wrote:Boo I really think a lot of the madness is brought on by this forum, No other crossbow has a forum with so much knowledge to be given for free... I would. dare to say Excalibur best support and service are people like you boo willing to help people out.. Excalibur would not be the same without this forum and the old timers on this forum... But still I agree why do people wait till the last minute ??
Thank you Rob!
I started this thread in hopes that some newbies would learn for next year and perhaps some won't be hunting until November when they'll go off on a paid hunt only to discover a week before that something rendered their bow non-operational. Can you imagine their horror when their bow won't hold a zero or their string is boogered or their bow is making a strange noise?
I think I'll bring this thread back up late spring or early summer 2016.
Don, I think he just called you an old timer ! :lol:
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Boo wrote: No you silly Jerseyian! :mrgreen: Archery is not my business. I just have my fingers in it way too deep. :shock: I own an operate a shop with 5 guys, repairing cars and it's getting busy! The main reason I won't be hunting is because of moving into a newly built house. I won't have any place to set up string making, arrow building and a place for my hunting stuff. It will all be in a box for a couple of months until everything else is done.
Are you saying I shouldn't bother ordering a couple more of your custom 40 strand strings for a while. :shock:

Or should we all place our next orders before you have a chance to bury your rack in some forgotten spot where it won't be located for many moons???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:So this wouldn't be a good time to ask about you doing a trigger job? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No it isn't Paul! I have a few excuses lined up. I'm not ruling out floods, earth quakes, taken hostage, kidnapping, alien abduction by a Texan :mrgreen: etc
http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/201 ... 85456.html

http://www.hotspotsz.com/Alien_Encounte ... ngth).html
http://www.thinkaboutitdocs.com/1897-aurora-texas/
Boo

Post by Boo »

All right you guys, stop picking on me! I can't pick back at ya'll at once! :lol: :lol: :lol:
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Boo wrote:All right you guys, stop picking on me! I can't pick back at ya'll at once! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't worry about getting kidnapped, taken hostage or abducted by alien Texans if that ever happened and word got out I'm sure we would all figure out a way to rescue you .

Elite Synergy; Krampus
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

maybe aliens would help him with his string orders :lol:
Last edited by BrotherRon on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

BrotherRon wrote:maybe aliens would help him with his string orders :lol:
Nah..knowing his luck they would be alien bears

Elite Synergy; Krampus
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

No you silly Jerseyian! :mrgreen: Archery is not my business. I just have my fingers in it way too deep. :shock: I own an operate a shop with 5 guys, repairing cars and it's getting busy! The main reason I won't be hunting is because of moving into a newly built house. I won't have any place to set up string making, arrow building and a place for my hunting stuff. It will all be in a box for a couple of months until everything else is done.

And I thought (5 Guys) was a fancy overpriced hamburger joint :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Boo

Post by Boo »

If anything from Texas abducted me, I might not want to leave. Hog hunting, small deer with big racks easy to haul, smoke grilled food and the place is littered with turkeys soooooooo dumb :mrgreen:
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Don;
Is my string done yet because rut is right around the corner and I need it. :lol: Seriously I have no idea where you find the time. Put down all your communication devices and take your dogs for a walk in the woods. Stress can kill.