Aluminium bolt nocks.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Aluminium bolt nocks.

Post by paulaboutform »

Ekkie wrote:I'm not sure we're all talking about the same things, but here's what I ordered a couple months ago: http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/221 ... -2358.html

They are not inserts. See pics.

~E

My apologies, I thought you were talking about the standard aluminum nocks used, which are inserts. I've never seen those before, very interesting.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

No need to apologize! :) I bought a package of the PDP flat nocks because the price was very attractive, and I wanted to see what they were like. They ended up being heavier than I hoped, so didn't use them. I've been using the press-fit flat plastic nocks from Easton instead. I *think* they're 9 grains, but maybe 11... I don't remember for sure.

I would guess that these inserts are the same as the flat threaded "nocks" that come with the 2219 Excalibur arrows I bought a few years ago: https://www.amazon.com/TenPoint-2219-Po ... GMSSS2ADM3

13 grains is pretty light, but I think they need to be glued into place and I prefer either hot glue (not sure how well that would work with these plastic inserts) or press fit (which is what the Easton flat nocks are, so I just use those). In any event, if I wanted to keep the threaded nock for use with the puller, I'd give them a try... but I haven't bought them or tried them yet because I don't have any issues pulling my arrows by hand from the targets I use.

Good luck,
~E
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I use the Easton plastic flat nocks from Bowhunters Superstore. I use the 2216 Easton shafts and like the lighter weight of the plastic nocks verse aluminum inserts. Been using the Easton plastic nocks for 5 or 6 years with no issues. Never had any fail in any way.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger