Micro limb broke again, 4th time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JUDGE

Re: Micro limb broke again, 4th time

Post by JUDGE »

L. E. Carroll wrote:If indeed your post was made in good faith... then I appoligize for my response... I would mention however, that we have one character who keeps re-appearing with few post under various names only to immediately start bad mouthing Excal as to limb issues... many times he refers to the Micro 355,,,,, hince my response to you.

Sorry, Gene :mrgreen:

Can,t unring the bell
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....you can't unjudge the judging now can you Judge? :mrgreen:

Flip Wilson :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Threadpolice wrote:
sproulman wrote:
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:It's highly unusual to have this many limb failures with one crossbow. I have sent you a message requesting photos of the issue so we can determine what is happening.

We have been doing an incredible amount of testing with these limbs and can not recreate the issues some users are claiming. We have left original Micro 335's with the older riser cocked for weeks, dropped them on the limbs from 20 feet, continuously dry fired them and have thrown everything we can at them and can't recreate the same limb failures.

Why do some people have multiple limb failures while the majority have no issues? It's very puzzling. All we can do is work with you and figure out the problem and get you hunting with it.

I know when people read posts like this they think the sky is falling and we are having major issues but it's simply not the case. The Micro 335 has had better limb reliability than the old Exomax! I know some think this is BS but its true, I'm constantly monitoring all warranty and the Micro has a good warranty record.

We realize any problem during the hunting season is very frustrating and we are doing our best to keep everybody happy.

Peter
Strange isnt it.I sold 4 micro bows to friends..John bought his last month at Dunhams in pa.Guess what its gen 1 micro..I said john you lucky crap they are better than gen 2 in my opinion .So gen 1 is still out there.

we take it out shoot it great shots ..he heads to woods he is walking and he hears TINK ,TINK THEN NOTHING ..Looks and it looks like someone blew up limb right at the left bracket with split that went straight down top split out 1/2 inch like you would shaved the limb in half.inside was all white with fibers that looked like someone put firecracker inside..

woodys has those limbs so peter could look at it if he likes...
sproulman

My friend its from that paste wax you had on limbs of all your Micros ,Paste wax has a acid compound to clean a product before wax gets into the finish.

sproulman you destroyed your micros limbs weaken then with your paste wax ,people need to stop blaming Excalibur for broken limbs its the user not knowing what he or her doing.

Thanks for text today sure we are still going on a moose hunt in 2017.
JOE I thought it was bear hunt... :roll:Maybe you can give folks here a ole back roast ,how is your Kodabow doing? :lol:
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

So what is the moral of the story?
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

L. E. Carroll wrote:If indeed your post was made in good faith... then I appoligize for my response... I would mention however, that we have one character who keeps re-appearing with few post under various names only to immediately start bad mouthing Excal as to limb issues... many times he refers to the Micro 355,,,,, hince my response to you.

Sorry, Gene :mrgreen:
Now that takes a man to admit he is wrong, glad you posted and not neglect this thread. thanks. :)
Now for myself I thought this maybe possible I've seen cases where things weren't fixed and had to be looked at a differently to figure out why things are happening and not look at the obvious.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
donald_5d

Post by donald_5d »

Thank you Gene, your very kind. I have no intention of bashing Excalibur. The warranty system has been top rate so far. I actually love the Excalibur bow, and when it works it is an awesome piece of equipment. Here in SE Georgia the deer population has gotten so large that it is no longer a challenge to hunt with a firearm, kinda like shooting fish in a barrel, the limit this year is 12 per hunter. So a few years ago, I began bow hunting. That turned out to be more of a challenge than I had expected. Since then, my right eye has deteriorated and I can no longer shoot a bow, so the crossbow has been a great option, I can shoot it left handed and it still presents the challenge of hunting with a bow. I consider my maximum range to be about 40 yards, actually better than I could do with a compound bow. I'm sure most here on this forum can extend that range considerably, as the bow is capable of much more. At 20 to 40 yards, it's as accurate as my Browning x-bolt, and just as deadly. My purpose in posting here on the forum was to seek advise and guidance from those who should know more than anyone about Excalibur bows.

Hopefully the suggestion I got here to contact "Peter" at Excalibur will lead to a resolution of the problem. Thanks, donald.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

And Peter will indeed look after you .
Problem at this time of year is him and Dawn get overwhelmed by phone calls . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
janesy

Post by janesy »

donald_5d wrote:Thank you Gene, your very kind. I have no intention of bashing Excalibur. The warranty system has been top rate so far. I actually love the Excalibur bow, and when it works it is an awesome piece of equipment. Here in SE Georgia the deer population has gotten so large that it is no longer a challenge to hunt with a firearm, kinda like shooting fish in a barrel, the limit this year is 12 per hunter. So a few years ago, I began bow hunting. That turned out to be more of a challenge than I had expected. Since then, my right eye has deteriorated and I can no longer shoot a bow, so the crossbow has been a great option, I can shoot it left handed and it still presents the challenge of hunting with a bow. I consider my maximum range to be about 40 yards, actually better than I could do with a compound bow. I'm sure most here on this forum can extend that range considerably, as the bow is capable of much more. At 20 to 40 yards, it's as accurate as my Browning x-bolt, and just as deadly. My purpose in posting here on the forum was to seek advise and guidance from those who should know more than anyone about Excalibur bows.

Hopefully the suggestion I got here to contact "Peter" at Excalibur will lead to a resolution of the problem. Thanks, donald.

WHAT?? That's crazy, I wish we could have 2 up here. We are limited to 1 and in my area there are no additional tags
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

I went online to order an additional doe tag.It arrived in the mail but when I opened it,it was a JOE tag.What should I do :?: :mrgreen:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

no tag required. Just S.S.S
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

wsisk wrote:I went online to order an additional doe tag.It arrived in the mail but when I opened it,it was a JOE tag.What should I do :?: :mrgreen:
Bag em and tag em! 8)
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

unreal on 12 tags.here in pa in my area you can get buck/doe..We do not hunt doe as there are very few left now ..bucks are very hard to get do to pressure and they have to be 6/8 points to shoot which i like a lot.do not expect to fill freezer in pa anymore getting 1 deer a season is struggle and last year I did not get buck and was out 4 days per week for about 15 weeks..