String sales in trading post

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Re: String sales in trading post

Post by papabear1 »

Riflemanz wrote:If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Ignore posts you don't like!

HEY, your using my quote.!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Dave :mrgreen: :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

This is one of the things that I have noticed, certain folks bully people here, yet other people get a pass for the exact type of posts, comments, etc. All of a sudden your panties got bunched up over sales? Really? The past string sales, arrow sales, etc. never caught your attention? Or maybe you have developed a certain mindset towards a certain group, or individual?
Anyway, the folks that craft mounts, strings, arrows, etc. are darn good at it, and offer great wares at more than fair prices!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wheelie wrote:I find this very annoying everyone bumping up there posts everyday like a string war going on. Think it is time for Excalibur to step up and put a stop to after market string sales. Like a bunch of birds fighting over bread crumbs! :roll:
Havin a bad hair day or jus Bored ? You want Excal to remove all String Makers from Tradin Post! Is sumpin gettin under yer skin about the Members n sellin/buyin on Tradin Post ? I do hope you have an improved good day.
Now showin some respect to Excal, yer sayin we give no Support!!! Last time i looked at my buyin of Excals crossbows since 1996, i have bought over 20 of them. :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Let me tell you about the string guys on the forum . I have talked to most of them and you will not find a nicer bunch . they all make a good string and are willing to help you as much as one can. had one send me al kinds of stuff to make strings and one who sent me several at no charge at all. and also help me out when I was learning to make my own. so if the want to sell there wares on the trading post so be it . if it bothers you don't look at there post . don't be such a cry baby. JMO
W.M.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some of you are making a proverbial mountain out of a mole hill and the insults that are starting to come out are not called for. So please stop! Would you really say what you said in a for to face situation? Please act more mature!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

wabi wrote:
They are business with no costs attached. No advertising costs, insurance, no taxes paid, just free cash off the backs of whom?. What do they give back to Excalibur?
-No costs? How about materials, equipment, a work area, time, postage, and losses due to lost shipments & refunds to unhappy customers?
-I don't know how you handle your sales on the trading post, but how do you know they don't have insurance or pay taxes?
-Advertising costs? I expect folks like Boo spend a few dollars on his website to inform folks about the proper use/care of strings, not to mention the time involved.
-Give back? Not directly to Excalibur in terms of money perhaps, but to the forum community. Also, there has been great support by a few of these folks (Boo, nchunterkw, and vixenmaster) to the "Annissa charity" associated with "BooFest" this year.

Isn't the whole idea of the "Trading Post" to have a place to advertise items for sale or trade without cluttering up the "Crossbow Hunting" forum?
Heck, I may even put an ad for "Free K i t c h e n s" there!

Hey Wabi thank goodness for spellcheck on the computers. I have never noticed any spelling errors in any of your posts untill that picture ( spellcheck does not effect pictures ) LOL

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Tom

Post by Tom »

Boo wrote:Some of you are making a proverbial mountain out of a mole hill and the insults that are starting to come out are not called for. So please stop! Would you really say what you said in a for to face situation? Please act more mature!
I myself do not frequent the trading forum very often but when I do, I find myself just stepping over the threads I do not want to see. But I can see how some people get ruffled feathers because it sometimes looks like a competition to stay above all the other string makers on the page.

We, as forum members, need to police ourselves. This does not just mean picking on certain posts, but also on how we react to posts. Don was right on with his above comments.

Sometimes we just need to take a step back before we post a reply

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

....there are a bunch of fine craftsmen on this forum....keep the ads coming and if you want to bump....all the power to you! We the consumer will make our decision whether or not the ad is the first or buried two pages in....

....how bout making a special sticky for people that sell (a) certain item(s) that many of us look for from time to time like strings, arra's mounts and the 2016 Boofest hottest item; the "orange slingshot!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My only complaint is I don't see any Scorpyd strings and cables for sale... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:My only complaint is I don't see any Scorpyd strings and cables for sale... :)
:lol: Go to Scorpyd Web board and perhaps they have "string wars" their also. :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Not trying to turn this into a war, all I was saying is all the people selling their bows, cases, spare parts ect post them the way the trading post is suppose work.

String posts the minute one goes to the top most of all the others ones go immediately to the top and the poor person trying to privately sell something once in a blue moon gets knocked way down the list.

No other board allows daily bumping of sales.

Anyways going out to my trailer for the weekend as the "Take your Kid fishing bass derby" is this weekend and all my grandkids are in route. Have 3 other trailers rented for everyone.

Everyone have a good weekend.

CHEERS!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

wheelie wrote:Not trying to turn this into a war, all I was saying is all the people selling their bows, cases, spare parts ect post them the way the trading post is suppose work.

String posts the minute one goes to the top most of all the others ones go immediately to the top and the poor person trying to privately sell something once in a blue moon gets knocked way down the list.

Anyways going out to my trailer for the weekend as the "Take your Kid fishing bass derby" is this weekend and all my grandkids are in route. Have 3 other trailers rented for everyone.

CHEERS!
Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead. Enjoy it , Kevin. :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
wheelie wrote:Not trying to turn this into a war, all I was saying is all the people selling their bows, cases, spare parts ect post them the way the trading post is suppose work.

CHEERS!
Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead. Enjoy it , Kevin. :D
Yep! Have fun Kevin!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

wabi wrote:
They are business with no costs attached. No advertising costs, insurance, no taxes paid, just free cash off the backs of whom?. What do they give back to Excalibur?
-No costs? How about materials, equipment, a work area, time, postage, and losses due to lost shipments & refunds to unhappy customers?
-I don't know how you handle your sales on the trading post, but how do you know they don't have insurance or pay taxes?
-Advertising costs? I expect folks like Boo spend a few dollars on his website to inform folks about the proper use/care of strings, not to mention the time involved.
-Give back? Not directly to Excalibur in terms of money perhaps, but to the forum community. Also, there has been great support by a few of these folks (Boo, nchunterkw, and vixenmaster) to the "Annissa charity" associated with "BooFest" this year.

Isn't the whole idea of the "Trading Post" to have a place to advertise items for sale or trade without cluttering up the "Crossbow Hunting" forum?
Heck, I may even put an ad for "Free K i t c h e n s" there!

sorry about your daughter but believe me with my dyeing wife the last 3 years I don't think you want to go their because I certainly will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to sell both my Harleys to keep my life going.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Comment deleted
Kevin, I'm very sorry to see this happen to Wendy and yourself. She's a nice girl. Let me know if i can help.