Which new head to try for 2018?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Re: Which new head to try for 2018?

Post by Normous »

sproulman wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:47 pm
NAP spitfire ..BUT its a broadside point ..You would not like to hear all deer that were wounded with mechinicals this season..Terrible.. :cry: :cry: :cry: My brother wounded 2 at our camp alone and never found he will not wait for broadside shot taking angle shots and hitting bone..MANY of the others wounded deer also with spitfires..

brush is so thick here that you do not get open broadside shot at times and most are not like me and let Buck walk if I cannot get broadside shot..Just in our group 9 deer were wounded and never found terrible isnt it ..

..Very sad what i am hearing .. :cry:
The best advice I can give you is to choose a better skilled crew to hunt with. Your extensive prior history describing wounded deer and bears lost to poor hunting and shooting skills by your so called "hunting" partners is very concerning to most folks reading your posts. Do you guys drink and hunt??

The way I see it you should really consider blaming poor hunting skills before blaming the broadhead used.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
catclr

Post by catclr »

sproulman wrote:
NAP spitfire ..BUT its a broadside point ..You would not like to hear all deer that were wounded with mechinicals this season..Terrible.. :cry: :cry: :cry: My brother wounded 2 at our camp alone and never found he will not wait for broadside shot taking angle shots and hitting bone..MANY of the others wounded deer also with spitfires..

brush is so thick here that you do not get open broadside shot at times and most are not like me and let Buck walk if I cannot get broadside shot..Just in our group 9 deer were wounded and never found terrible isnt it ..

When they used fix points very seldom lost a deer ...

Folks will not let Buck pass and its brown its down thinking of most ..Very sad what i am hearing .. :cry:
Sproulman------Sounds like you need to have a talk with your hunters, and inform them of what is a lethal shot & taking ethical shots, and if they are not willing to change, I would find other people to hunt with.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
catclr

Post by catclr »

I used a New head this year called the Fixpandable Broadhead and shot a doe & fall turkey and was happy with the blood trail on the deer and the turkey fell almost on the spot.

Now for 2018 I'm going to try the GRAVEDIGGER® EXTREME CUT-ON-CONTACT Broadhead that has a 1 1/4" fixed head & a 2 1/4" mechanical blades, to give me a even larger cutting area.

Here is video link to my Deer hunt------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=famiD6iyQzw&t=1s

Turkey Hunt-----https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-qT7MRxKyE
both shot with the Fixpandable Broadhead.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
artifact

Post by artifact »

Go on youtube and watch "buck comes back after being shot". I find that video to be very interesting in regards to how fast a deer can react to the sound of a bow being released. I would bet this has happened on more than one occasion and cause a well aimed shot to hit nowhere near the aiming point, thus wounded deer.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Normous wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:34 pm
sproulman wrote:

The best advice I can give you is to choose a better skilled crew to hunt with. Your extensive prior history describing wounded deer and bears lost to poor hunting and shooting skills by your so called "hunting" partners is very concerning to most folks reading your posts. Do you guys drink and hunt??

The way I see it you should really consider blaming poor hunting skills before blaming the broadhead used.
:wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Normous wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:34 pm
sproulman wrote:

well said!
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

On well made Mech.'s they will penetrate at an angle. I made a 35 yd shot Buck comin towards me, i hit in the front right shoulder in the softer part. It took out the right lung hit through the liver n went into the back left leg at the ball joint where the shank broke off.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Going with the Wac em crossbow 3 blade 100 gr. again.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

catclr wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm
sproulman wrote:

When they used fix points very seldom lost a deer ...

Folks will not let Buck pass and its brown its down thinking of most ..Very sad what i am hearing .. :cry:
Sproulman------Sounds like you need to have a talk with your hunters, and inform them of what is a lethal shot & taking ethical shots, and if they are not willing to change, I would find other people to hunt with.
Its all over not just friends I hunt with ...Very few wait for broadside shot and MOST take a angled shot most times it is hard to get Broadside shot on Bucks in brush so most shoot..
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am one of those who does not wait fer a broadside side. I shoot a fast enuff arrow wid enuff momentum i can rip a tick toter a new one! I shot this one comin to me a a right front angle. Put Mech. b-head thru right shouder took out right lung n liver n went into his left hip joint n the b-head shank broke off.

https://postimg.org/image/uc8s5kiu5/]Image
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I use the G5 Montec 125 grain out of the 405 lm gonna try the G5 Dead meat 125 grains over the summer never had much luck with the expandable heads out of the 405 I also like the NAP Thunderhead 125s.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:07 pm
I use the G5 Montec 125 grain out of the 405 lm gonna try the G5 Dead meat 125 grains over the summer never had much luck with the expandable heads out of the 405 I also like the NAP Thunderhead 125s.
The NAP Thunderhead has been around for a long time because it works great. I find myself going back to them often.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!