Crosman Recurve

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Crosman Recurve

Post by janesy »

I'm a crosman dealer(stocking only pellets BB's and cylinders mostly). But I didn't see crossbow info in the price pages. But I honestly didn't look to hard .

Im not knocking any of the products, as I'm sure they will work perfectly fine, but I do often get a kick out of the wagon jumpers. Crosman and Browning come to mind immediatly for Crossbows. I'm sure UnderArmour is working on a deal as I type. Wait until the market is hot and then contract a company to put your name on a product. Ride it out and then disappear into the sunset.

Doesnt matter what the product is, but I always makes me wonder where they will be after the rage cools down?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
taz3

Post by taz3 »

janesy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:31 am
I'm a crosman dealer(stocking only pellets BB's and cylinders mostly). But I didn't see crossbow info in the price pages. But I honestly didn't look to hard .

Im not knocking any of the products, as I'm sure they will work perfectly fine, but I do often get a kick out of the wagon jumpers. Crosman and Browning come to mind immediatly for Crossbows. I'm sure UnderArmour is working on a deal as I type. Wait until the market is hot and then contract a company to put your name on a product. Ride it out and then disappear into the sunset.

Doesnt matter what the product is, but I always makes me wonder where they will be after the rage cools down?
So we can expect to see a redbull version as well :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
janesy

Post by janesy »

It'll be real quick to get going, but not last so long.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
galamb

Post by galamb »

A whole whack of US States added crossbows to their "bow seasons" which is no doubt why everyone and their dog is jumping on board.

For us folks who have some "age experience" we remember all the "Hawken Rifles" that hit the market after Robert Redford told us we just had to have one back in 1972. Only one or two of the many dozens of brands that were flogged are even still in business.

I expect the same (market compression) to take place after the initial craze is over.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Boo

Post by Boo »

galamb wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm
A whole whack of US States added crossbows to their "bow seasons" which is no doubt why everyone and their dog is jumping on board.

For us folks who have some "age experience" we remember all the "Hawken Rifles" that hit the market after Robert Redford told us we just had to have one back in 1972. Only one or two of the many dozens of brands that were flogged are even still in business.

I expect the same (market compression) to take place after the initial craze is over.
There sure is an amazing number of bow "manufacturers". So much so that the pie pieces are getting smaller. With the big rush from states allowing crossbows in their archery season over, those companies are feeling the pinch.
Look at Raven, they are truly a niche market. But now that Ten Point has entered that same niche market, Raven is feeling the pinch. I heard from the grape vine that the current lower powered Ravens are been sold to dealers for a very considerable discount.
These next few years will be very interesting and not in a good way for the "manufacturers" (some of whom are more of an assembler than a manufacturer)
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

galamb wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm
That's my main concern about all the outfits that have jumped into the crossbow market. How many of them will be there when you need parts or repairs?? If you surf the web enough you will find complaints about that already.

Arrow Precision is one I saw a few complaints about.
http://www.arrow-precision.com/Arrow_outdoors_non_flash.html
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35