BUMMER.......out of action

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I've got the Sam's brand - Member's Mark.

I just popped two of the 200 miligrams.

I'll take the 400 miligram dose every four hours..

Thanks........
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Dave Snobelen

Post by Dave Snobelen »

Woody
Hope you heal fast. It's a real drag missing any time during the season. My thoughts are with you and I'll remember you in my prayers.
Dave
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

As per above recommendations Aspirin or ibuprofen(Motrin, Advil, etc.). I personally prefer ibuprofens. 400 mg is a good dose for such an injury. Never Tylenol(acetaminofens) as it is not an anti-inflammatory.

Heal well. :wink:
Last edited by Woodsman on Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Woody,
When the doctor diagnosed my shoulder as bone spurs irritating the tendons he put me on 800mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day to see if it would give relief. The shoulder pain was gone in only a few days, but that massive a dose of ibuprofen is not a long term cure. I quit taking the ibuprofen after about two weeks, and only use it now if I suffer severe discomfort in the shoulder. A few days of that dose is tolerable, but ibuprofen can cause liver damage, and digestive system upsets, so be cautious with its use! I would recommend contacting your doctor for advice before taking that kind of dosage.
wabi

Post by Guest »

Sorry to hear that Woody.
Maybe you better stick with deer hunting in the Fall instead of landscaping. :wink:
If it's as bad as it sounds you should splint it or at least wrap it, and stay off it for a couple weeks or so.
Elevate, cold compression, pain relief, etc.
Been there with the ankle sprains. If you don't let them heal properly,..then say Hello to chronic pain for years.
Daniel James

Post by Daniel James »

Woody - Sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope that you heal quickly. Believe me when I say it could be worse! It's 1:15 a.m. and I am sitting in the surgery waiting room after my older daughter was flown via medevac after rolling her pickup earlier this evening. She has three fractured vertabrae (s.p.?) and will be in a halo for several months. Thank God she is still alive. If she wouldn't have been wearing her seat belt we would have lost her. I guess I would rather have her in a halo than in a coffin. Fortunately there are computers in the waiting room so I can visit the Ex-xite and catch up on the latest happenings with the gang.
Once again, I hope you recover quickly Woody. It is certainly a bummer on the timing with it being so close to rut and all. I will be thinking about you. >>>----->DJH
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Heal up quick Woody. I saw on the tracking wounded deer post that you are longtime friends with John Trout Jr: the author. What a wealth of knowledge to have. I read his book every summer before the season opens.
Make sure you feel comfortable with the stability of that ankle before you go on uneven ground. It's too easy to reinjure. Been there. I would suggest a ACE bandage when you go hunting again. Just a little insurance. Get well soon.
Get out & Enjoy.
striper

Post by striper »

Woody: I am so sorry about your ankle. I have been there and done that. You must remember that we aren't spring chickens anymore. Think before you leap. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Thnaks for all your words of enecouragemnet.

The ankle feels better today and doesn't look as swollen.

I'll probably test it out Tuesday and try and go hunting.

Wabi,

I've heard that on ibuprofen and will atke it sparingly.

Daniel,

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Thank the Lord she was hurt more seriously or killed.

Prayers for speedy and complete recovery...

Keep us posted on her progress..
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Woody,
During this next week I will still be around. I hunt West of the 400 on 9. I have to come North to hit the location and have to pass by King. If you need assistance let me know. I will leave early to give you a hand. Just some thoughts: if you wanted to haul some equipment to a site I would do that for you. We could set it up as a permanent stand and you hobble with hospital sticks to the sight and back each night. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Kendo Kid.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Kendo Kid,

I really appreciate your offer. That's the great thing about this board is everyone is like family and comes to the aid of others.

BUT I'm a "Yank" living in Southern Indiana in the US of A. That would be a LONG detour for you.

Thanks....
Last edited by Woody Williams on Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Woody,
I sent you an e-mail earlier but I see it did get to you. Since one of the areas I hunt is 9 West of the 400, I go pass King. If you need help setting up a ground stand, I will haul the equipment out and set it up. You would just need to use a sling for the crossbow and hobble out and back on your hospital sticks each day. Let me know an I will leave early to get you set up.

Kendo Kid
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Woody,
Just the excuse I need to disappear for a week or two. Hhhhhuuuummmm wonder if my Chinese Empress would buy it?
Kendo Kid
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Cheer up Woody, you'll bounce back soon,.....and at least it is not more serious.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Hey Woody,

How is the ankle today? I did that a few years back and I was only out of commission for a few days. Keep off it for a couple of days and the swelling should come down.

Nick