OT: Need a new prop

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: OT: Need a new prop

Post by janesy »

mr meat wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 pm
I think we need all of the story :lol: ,was this caused by high water levels?
Good to here everything is covered
I lent my boat to a good friend of mine. Temagami is still a foot high, so these rocks, about 3/4 acre one solid rock is usually not submerged.
They had the boat fully loaded with 4 guys and gear for 4 days off grid. There is a set of narrows you have to go through and after slowing down to go through them they had to make a long sweeping circle to get back on plane.
The long circle caused the driver to enter through a rock pass you typically fly through at a slightly different angle and just as the boat planed out they ran over the usually exposed rock. Typically this section of water is smooth100y wide, but currently it is 200? They were off a few feet to the right , and the rock is basically a square edge.

They hit the hull about 12" from the stern but just so slightly, so the bullet and the driveshaft house ran square into a 90° rock at full throttle acceleration and it sheared it clean off. The gearcase then went airborne, came back and torpedo'd and skipped to its eventual resting place, which in a couple weeks, might actually be exposed. I intend to go get it out of pure curiousity. Every piece of fiber glass and plastic on the motor shattered from impact alone.

I am covered by insurance, however boat Insurance is different and getting extremely expensive. Frankly at the cost of a new outboard they probably would have wrote the whole boat off. The driver is a stand up guy(or else I wouldn't have lent it out) and I have worked with him for 20 years. He is replacing the mbotor outright. It has been ordered as of Tuesday and should be here next week. That's about as much of that portion of the story that I should speak of publicly, but either way I'm being taken care of and more.

Nobody was hurt, it's only a boat. But I have to say, it's damned impressive how much damage happened.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

I want to go back to Temagami, too.
Sure beats factory work.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:34 pm
I want to go back to Temagami, too.
Sure beats factory work.
Something about that place gets you hooked doesn't it?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Call flow..... hopefully your coverage is good. That sucks.Hows the transom?
I downsized my boats 20 hp is fine for fishing dont need a 150 anymore. The fish dont care if l have a smaller boat. ...now l dont have room for a crowd...not all bad.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

You need a hand getting it let me know,only work 4 days a week!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Exie you got a big boat now. Lend it out freely to all. Lolololol. If it was the end of the season and l didnt need my boat l would like to put a select few on it for a ride over a waterfall...... l got good insurance by spring the claim would be settled .lolol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Exie you got a big boat now. Lend it out freely to all. Lolololol. If it was the end of the season and l didnt need my boat l would like to put a select few on it for a ride over a waterfall...... l got good insurance by spring the claim would be settled .lolol.
Funny, you know how many "people" ask me to borrow my boat? I let them know when I'm washing it, putting in electronics, winterizing, etc. They never show up! :shock: :eusa-deadhorse:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!