Sighting In At Short Yardage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Sighting In At Short Yardage

Post by Boo »

Your 20 is the most important setting. It is your baseline so that your upper turret is not touched after sighting in at 20. Left and right can be adjusted some and sometimes is needed. Don't get too caught up with those numbers on the speed dial. For the most part, very few people other than newbies pay attention to them.
When everything is perfect, put a paint dot that covers the speed dial and the scope body so that if it ever gets moved, you'll easily get it back with precision.
Have fun! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Re: Sighting In At Short Yardage

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:47 am
janesy wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:56 pm
Start digging fellas!

Forgot to mention mines 15Y in my basement too.
But I have a bungalow.
I must live in a pretty fancy bungalow as well. I have 25 yards but to shoot that would risk my family jewels or end up with a bald spot on the back of my head. For some reason, Karin had a aversion to holes in doors and walls. Go figure! :wtf:
Eighteen yards is a good start but only for the initial sight in. You'll have to correct at 20 later because it is your baseline for other yardages.
.....for someone who's back yard is used for the 100yd shoot at Boofest :mrgreen: ....I would venture to say you could probably sight in right up to the US border....give or take a kilometer or two! :think:

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings