How did you do this year?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post by #16 »

The boys and I had a great year :D :D I managed to harvest three Bucks 10 point and fork horn with exocet and a eight point with the rifle.
Oldest son shot three, 11 point with the exocet and a doe and seven point with the rifle.
Middle son shot two,eight point with the exocet and a fawn with the rifle.
Youngest son shot a fork horn with the exocet.

Between the rifle gang and the xbow gang I was in on the harvesting of 24 deer. 16 Bucks,3 doe and 5 fawns.

Brad
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Nov. 4 I took a 7 pointer at 3 yards
nothing for the rest of the season. However, the other guys I hunt rifle season with got two nice bucks in the Prescott area.
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Camper

Post by Camper »

My season started off horrible as I lost 2 deer with the exomag. During the rifle hunt I shot a medium size doe, then the muzzle loader season I shot a large doe and her fawn. then on the last evening of the bow season, I shot a huge doe at 7 yards with the E-mag, she ran 40 yards and I watched her pile up. I went to meet my buddy after the hunt and he was field dressing a smaller doe he shot with his paradox. The interesting part was this doe was walking on 3 legs and a closer look revealed that she had a large cut with a huge calcium or bone build up immobilizing her front leg. the cut healed over on her but she was hobbling around before he shot her. we figured that this was the second deer that I shot at and could not find at the beginning of the season. I don't think she would have made it through the winter after my friend described how she was getting along.

Thats a record for me 1 with the rifle, 2 with the Muzzleloader, and 1 with the X-bow.

Camper
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I had a great year considering I couldn't hunt a whole lot. I shot a 6pt on Oct28 th and a 4 pt on Dec. 23rd. My hunting partner also shot 2 bucks. Three of the four bucks were shot out of the same stand.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Couple of bunnies,
first turkey
some ducks
geese
5pt buck
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

well not to good this year at all . i was only able to hunt 2 days . i got hurt just before the bow season so i missed that and after i got the brace off i just didnt have the urge to go this year llike in the past years. but thier is a bright lining ahead just got word that i will be a new member of a new hunting club so things are looking better all ready for next year. :D