first run munchmounts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

BY ALL MEANS TODD IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO POST THE PM I SENT YOU A WHILE BACK TO CREDIT YOU FOR A GREAT IDEA I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THAT

Since you asked for it.
todd thanks for the pm my idea was never to go into mass pro. of this thing like i said i bought 1 of your mounts from a guy on this forum who needed some money and think you had a great idea .what i had hoped to do was get my money back from the autocad program and work i had to do .i also thought about useing 2 1/2" alum. channel and put one on each side where the front site mounts and i may do that and see if it looks ok .i have drill press and bandsaw to make those parts my self. i also have a brotherinlaw who is a tool and die maker and he tells me he could make me a die to put in my press to bend square stock in an s shape so i can use the holes in the riser that are on 3" centers .i am sending a pic of my bowrack to show you why i want an arrowhead as my mount .Im sure my idea of the lettering was the same as yours to reduce the weight .i did not use the word excaibur nore crossbows for more than one reason and i have sent a letter to excalibur to ask if they have a prob. with those words i did use.if it is a prob. the program can bee changed to some other ideas i have IE whitetail deer hunter . born to hunt and several others but myself i like the first one .i also had no plans to ship these to the US as i do not what the hassal with customs and brokerage fees .as for some of the people on this forum i have enjoyed the stories and help that a lot have. but i can,t believe how some get on here like a bunch of old ladies and that is why i changed the words on my post in this topic. most that have negative com. don,t know if there ass was punched bored or shot in by Jessie James like the guy that wanted me to know you spell cross with 2 ss the last time i looked it was spelled excalibur crossbows and i bet they have a copyright on those words and if the other with the Harley Davidson had called it Hardly Davidsons he would have had much less trouble .anyhow i see you have a very good rep on this site and i think if someone made the exact same mount as you for 1/2 the price they will not take any sales from you i did use your idea for the round post to keep it simple and have no issue telling anyone that i also know that the one i plan to make will have to sell for more and i,m not sure people will pay what it will cost from someone they don,t know. i think i,m like you and and do not want to beat anyone for the little amount of money to be made off a quiver mount thanks TERRY
And here is my original one to you.
I know you are frustrated with the response by the forum. I do think that youhave a neat idea with your top plate. But I also see concern mentioned by wheelie with mentioning excals trademark and any kind of legal conflict. I also see the people standing behind my mount and the time and money I have put into it. No I do not have any copyright or protection on it and yes I have seen people copy it before. No I do not try and do any public criticism on the forum and haven't done any towards you or your idea. I know I have copied things before for my own personal use but am careful on posting anything about some things that I make. I just wanted you to know there are no ill feelings from me for you and your top plate and I hope you enjoy it.
Why ride when you can walk!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Things that make you say hmmm :roll:
Last edited by wheelie on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

All this resentment and infighting over this issue.

Since neither mount is patented, just some food for thought.
Try to imagine what would happen if someone else would come along and patent either or both mounts, and as result preventing the original makers from making and sellings theirs. :shock:

That would certainly frost ones socks. :evil:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Good point Lou! That is a funny scenario to imagine. But, I think the people who want their arrows mounted over their bow in that fashion have already made the purchase, it isn't worth the time and money to patent now.
If GP had sold the idea to Excal in the beginning it may have had a chance at a patent, instead he chose to offer it to us at a great price.

Reminds me of the over the scope rangefinder mount, that too was a brain child of a member here, he kept it under his hat until it could be presented properly. If he had shown that design on the forum it would have been copied. It is a bit of a different situation because it will work on any scope, any firearm. Excal bought it, modified it and marketed it.

String makers, we have a few here, but none carry the weight of the "Boo custom string", recently a newer member seen a window and decided to take a slice of the pie, made the same string, same options, even went as far as to use the same name only swapping the name "boo" for his own. I thought that was kinda low too, there are a thousand ways to market a bow string, why not try to carve your own path? I knew it wouldn't last and for once I managed to keep my fingers idle.

I suppose as the forum grows we are going to see lots of people come and go, with a little luck they will stick around and keep ideas and experience flowing. I certainly have no ill feelings for anyone, it is the cloning process that eats at me, again, regardless of the product or concept.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

If things were not copied or cloned there would only be 1 crossbow maker or 1 car maker and so on and so on i dont see how people can get mad or upset over some thing so small thats how the world is or every body in this world would own the same car or cross bow thats life and thats how there is so many different products of the same thing made by 10 different companies.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
mikej

Post by mikej »

i don't agree with the idea of all crossbows being the same if not for cloning. middleton could have made his different but chose to copy instead. horton managed to make a recurve crossbow and not copy excals exact design.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i believe horton even included its own version of the sts right from the factory
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

That is a good point Comfy! Patents expire after 25 years and your patent becomes a open season to any company set-up to manufacture your product. This could be the case with Middleton and TDR crossbows. If they are true clones the GP mount would fit them and make additional resources for the mounts. Who's to say that one day we may see a Chinese or Tiawanese patented Groundpounder!
Last edited by Nocturnal on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

I am in the process of completing drawings for a new mount. It will not be a horseshoe or arrowhead shape but a maple leaf. I have chosen the maple leaf because our bows are made in Canada. This mount will have a bottle opener and cup holder included in the design which I believe will be a vast improvement over the two previous mounts. I will have to check production cost but if it is not too much and there is an interest in my mount, my plan is to pay each person $30 plus postage for each one ordered. The only catch is this one will have to be made in the US and not Canada. :wink:
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
roland

Post by roland »

These are all true points, and everyone copies other ideas for there own use and there is nothing wrong with it, why buy it if you can make it. I don't make much for my bow but I do make a lot of stuff for my boat, at a vey small price compared to buying it.
mikej

Post by mikej »

roland wrote:These are all true points, and everyone copies other ideas for there own use and there is nothing wrong with it, why buy it if you can make it. I don't make much for my bow but I do make a lot of stuff for my boat, at a vey small price compared to buying it.
making it for yourself is one thing making it to sell for a profit is another
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I dont think anyone explained what EXCAL was

its simple... you have the word EXCALIBUR

Break Excalibur down to this..... EXCAL IBUR

thus you have now come up with the word excal which is a simple slang term for excalibur :P

kinda like WHAT'S UP to SUP :P
Boo

Post by Boo »

crazyfarmer wrote:I dont think anyone explained what EXCAL was

thus you have now come up with the word excal which is a simple slang term for excalibur :P

Meds! :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Boo wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote:I dont think anyone explained what EXCAL was

Meds! :lol:
LMAO = laughing my a@z off :D