Broadhead problems

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GGC

Re: Broadhead problems

Post by GGC »

Just a word about broadheads and practice points. You need to group well with your HUNTING broadheads, that's the bottom line. Don"t worry if the poi is not the same. I khow a guy who sighted in his rifle with brand X ammo, only to use a different brand when he went out hunting. Needless to say he was missing deer. He was not a happy camper when his wife was kickin' butt. It's the same thing with different points, practice with what you hunt with. If you only target shoot then there is little concern. Hope my opinion is of some use.
Dash

Post by Dash »

Like a couple of forum members here have said, some more fletching offset or helical twist needs to be applied. I have no doubt it would make the difference. The EZ fletch jig does a very quick job of it for you.
Legnip

Post by Legnip »

Legnip wrote:
GGC wrote:In a word, Yes. You can fletch your own or do the shrink fletch version.....
....... Hopefully that get me close to hitting a dot at 40 yards.
Bill T thanks for the great advice. Today was the first day that I was able to get out and shoot. I just placed two arrows within 1" at 40 yards and couldn't get my finger between them :D :D :D . Getting the arrow spinning and using a mechanical broadhead are definitely the key.

2219 Arrow with Rage 2 blade practice tip (125 Grain), 3" NAP QuickSpin using the Quick Fletch.

Look out deer the season is just around the corner