Gun Registry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Re: Gun Registry

Post by sumner4991 »

Really???

A privledge to own firearms??? Really???

Why isn't it a privledge to own a hammer?? Why not make living a privledge?

Big government = Big mistake.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

On top of that we do not have a constitution or bill of rights.
Actually, we do have both. Unfortunetely neither of them deal directly with gun ownership. Get familiar with them. You have a lot more rights than you think.
I have through the registration time surrendered 6 unregistered long guns (old .22's and .303's, the old cooey in the attic for 20years) to gun stores for friends.
Why did you ask your friends if you could keep them for yourself? You could have taken taken possession of them and legally registered them in your name if you have a PAL. I have at least four guns in the cabinet that were given to me that way.
Futher, their are thousands upon thousands of liberal voters who support private gun ownership (farmers, northerners, rural folk) and thousands upon thousands of conservative voters who hate private gun ownership (see GTA).
I'm sick of people trying to polarize liberals and conservatives over this.
At a voter level this may be true but at a Government level historically it's been the Liberals who have always pushed for more gun control. Voters must remember that when they vote for a particular party they are also voting for that party's policy and the Liberal policy has always been aimed at regulating guns into extinction.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

Why did you ask your friends if you could keep them for yourself? You could have taken taken possession of them and legally registered them in your name if you have a PAL. I have at least four guns in the cabinet that were given to me that way.
these were junk, old rustball cooeys etc. "I've had my old mans .22 in the shed for 20 years, can you get rid of it?" kind of thing.

It speaks further to the uselessness of the system that I was getting rid of them through a friend who owned a gun shop and for every firearm he would call the registry, provide info and designate the guns "for destruction". Not once was I ever asked what I was doing with unregistered firearms or where they had come from. Frankly, no one seemed to care.

I come to 2 conclusions;

1/not once was i ever treated like a criminal, rather my dealings with the registry have been quite pleasant and straight forward and I find them quite accomodating.

and

2/the whole thing is waste of time
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

The last attempt at a constitution was Meech Lake under Mullroney and that failed.

I may be wrong but I think we are still under the British North America Act.

But I will research for sure.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

sumner4991 wrote:Really???

Yes Scott it is. Like having your driver's license - which btw don't you find a tad more credile for a comparison...a hammer...really?

Funny you mention the privilege of living. I will assume that by bringing that up you don’t know about out our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms? You can look it up under Section 7.

I would say that the vast majority of the Canadian population wouldn’t be all that in a hurry to scrap the EI (Employment Insurance), OAS (Old Age Security), our health care system or any other left-leaning policies.

You can keep the Newt & Paul’s down south thank you very much!
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Ont_Excal wrote:The last attempt at a constitution was Meech Lake under Mullroney and that failed.

But I will research for sure.
Actually it's the Canada Act of 1982, which includes Constitution Act of 1867 (the BNAA as you mentioned).

youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

got this off a web site

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/887217/ ... -registry-

bill-c-19-seriously-jeopardizes-public-safety

Victims of gun violence and public safety experts gathered today at a women's shelter in Toronto to warn the federal government and the public that Bill C-19 to end the long gun registry will seriously jeopardize public safety. Despite efforts by the opposition to introduce amendments to minimize the negative impact on public safety caused by government Bill C-19, the Conservative-dominated Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU) is ignoring the pleas of police, victims groups and public safety experts, and recommending that the House of Commons proceed with the Bill unchanged. The third reading vote to send the proposed legislation on to the Senate could be scheduled within days.

Unlike previous iterations, C-19 goes far beyond simply ending the registration of non-restricted rifles and shotguns, including the powerful semi-automatic Ruger Mini-14 used in the Montreal massacre on December 6, 1989. It removes critical measures that have been in place since 1977 regarding the sale or transfer of firearms, which will enable individuals to acquire an unlimited number of rifles or shotguns without someone having to verify they have valid firearms licences. It also entails the immediate destruction of all the data on over seven million existing registered long guns and will no longer require gun dealers to report or record who they are selling new ones to, which will severely cripple the police's ability to trace guns recovered in crime.
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
TPM

Post by TPM »

1/not once was i ever treated like a criminal, rather my dealings with the registry have been quite pleasant and straight forward and I find them quite accomodating.

and

2/the whole thing is waste of time
I have come to the same two conclusions. I can't say I've ever felt like I was being treated like a criminal.
The last attempt at a constitution was Meech Lake under Mullroney and that failed.

The Constitution of Canada took over the British North America Act in 1982. This Constritution includes the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms which replaced our old Bill of Rights from 1960. The Meech Lake Accord was an attempt to amend the new Constitution in the late 1980's in order gain support from Quebec.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

CanuckBen wrote:

Yes Scott it is. Like having your driver's license - which btw don't you find a tad more credile for a comparison...a hammer...really?

Funny you mention the privilege of living. I will assume that by bringing that up you don’t know about out our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms? You can look it up under Section 7.

I would say that the vast majority of the Canadian population wouldn’t be all that in a hurry to scrap the EI (Employment Insurance), OAS (Old Age Security), our health care system or any other left-leaning policies.

I don't doubt you one bit . . .however, I don't really need anyone wiping my arse for me, do you?

Hammers are dangerous. A teacher killed her Mommy with one just a few years ago down here. A hammer registry is a must for you folks that are needing government to protect you and feed you. Monsters in the closet . . .feeding on the weak . . .that's government.

There's a lot of difference between a drivers license and a gun. Should I begin to explain?

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

sumner4991 wrote:
CanuckBen wrote:

I don't doubt you one bit . . .however, I don't really need anyone wiping my arse for me, do you?

Hammers are dangerous. A teacher killed her Mommy with one just a few years ago down here. A hammer registry is a must for you folks that are needing government to protect you and feed you. Monsters in the closet . . .feeding on the weak . . .that's government.

There's a lot of difference between a drivers license and a gun. Should I begin to explain?
Yes please do explain it as I certainly failed to see your point as you started off the comparison with a hammer!!!

YOU may not need any help. But others in your community may need help.

Are you telling me that if, say, your old and aging mother was unable to take care of herself (and you not be in a position to do so for whatever reason) that you would prefer to see her suffer rather than having a health care system and old age policies helping her out?

I'm sure that's what you'd want. Right?

Screw them all. As long as I'm able to whipe my own ass that's all that matters :roll:

I've heard and read about your tin-foil hat conspiracies so many time that I've lost count a long time ago. You have your USA glasses on when you should be taking them off to look at the rest of the world and in this instance, Canada...remember the whole prime minister discussion - that's what i'm getting at.

Are you putting me in some sort of category, the "for you folks". If I could draw it out I would, but since that's not a possibility I'll say it again for the 20th time or so - i'm all for the the Long-Gun registry to be scrapped. Next time it'll be the 21st...hope we don't have to get there.

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Ben . . .I'd love to help the people in my community and do as much as I can . . .problem is the government takes 30% of my income and spends it as they see fit and my neighbors are not on their list. My buddy that got his leg broke and needs help . . .will they help . . .no . . .and they have my $$ to where I can't help . . .since the government has everyone so strapped for cash, we can't help our neighbors, then there is MORE need for government. See how the government is helping?

The difference between a drivers license and a gun. I've never heard of anyone getting killed via a drivers license. However, beyond their ability to kill . . .a drivers license is only a need if you want to drive on the government's roads(public property). Heck, you can drive your car all over your property without a drivers license . . . well, all I want to do is use my gun on my property. You understand now, eh?

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Sorry . . .one little correction . . .the government takes more than 30% . . .add in sales tax, property tax, licenses and fees . . . . . . :roll:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

sumner4991 wrote:Ben . . .I'd love to help the people in my community and do as much as I can . . .problem is the government takes 30% of my income and spends it as they see fit and my neighbors are not on their list. My buddy that got his leg broke and needs help . . .will they help . . .no . . .and they have my $$ to where I can't help . . .since the government has everyone so strapped for cash, we can't help our neighbors, then there is MORE need for government. See how the government is helping?

The difference between a drivers license and a gun. I've never heard of anyone getting killed via a drivers license. However, beyond their ability to kill . . .a drivers license is only a need if you want to drive on the government's roads(public property). Heck, you can drive your car all over your property without a drivers license . . . well, all I want to do is use my gun on my property. You understand now, eh?
I thought this discussion was about the situation in Canada, but since you brought it up..How come your buddy doesn’t have a private health care plan? Or some kind of employment insurance? Or money saved up to help him out during these hard times?

30%...so what? We pay more than that here, ain’t gonna get pitty from us on that!

Time to put in more hrs, re-train & re-tool yourself to up your income then. Nobody is stopping you from ever doing that.

See how the leave-it-to-themselves attitude can turn sour quickly?

As for the driver’s license. I guess that that there really aren’t any correlations between the responsibilities & priviledge of gun ownership and driving a car….as long as it’s only your own land? Hammer, motor vehicle, gun – all in the same boat..YeeYaw!

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hey Ben . . .guess what, I decided not to increase my income . . .it's a LOT easier to live off the government.

I'm considering the opportunities there in Canada. Looks like a lot of free checks up there . . .see ya soon.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
taz3

Post by taz3 »

The whole registry is/was nothing shy of cash grab, I served in the Canadian armed forces, in our infantry division with excellent weapons training, yet it has no value what so ever toward owning a hunting rifle. Gun safety is all the same for all guns and our Military took it very serious, and far beyond what most civilians ever do to disarm a rifle after a hunt. :x If I can hold a rifle to defend my country, I should be entitled to hold one to feed myself too.

You could probably count on one hand how many crimes were committed by hunting rifles/shot guns, and I'd be surprised to find out any of them were by the owners. 99% of criminal shootings up here are with illegal hand guns, so why don't they pass a more useful law, requiring criminals to register their illegal weapons. :roll:

I certainly agree that, hunting courses and safe gun training, is an excellent idea for anyone to poses a gun, but there no benefit to rounding up the hunters and for a registry, thinking it will make the streets safer. :shock:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting