Check this: 380 poor quality issue???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cspot

Re: Check this: 380 poor quality issue???

Post by cspot »

xbowkidd wrote:Image

Although it may seem impossible to believe, the squares marked 'A' and 'B' are actually exactly the same shade of grey

not saying that this is the case, but there could be some pretty big differences in photography.
So you are saying that it is like " 50 shades of grey"? :lol:
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I don't have a Matrix, just a Phoenix and after reading this I decided to have a close look at my limbs. Any idea what I should do? I can't find any blemishes on them anywhere! :roll: :lol:

It's certainly seems to be the norm, that the limb making process isn't to achieve cosmetic perfection, but to have it perform. I have yet to hear of any limb issues with Excals from a performance stand, if you dryfire them and they break, they replace them, not to mention all the other support they offer with their products. How many other items do we own, have anything close to that?

As for the other company bashing Excal, I couldn't give 2 s...s! If that's the best way you can promote your product, bash away, I guess :? . Own what you like, and don't waste your breath tell me why I should not own what I do, because you personally don't like it.

Number one in auto sales world wide, is Toyota. I wouldn't take one for free, not because they're bad cars or had recalls, but because the company, blatantly has no regard for customers. 35 people have been killed in their cars and it wasn't until they were forced to do something, did they and they still deny any issue. So, should you buy one? That's your choice, and I like the idea we have the freedom to make that choice. You want to share facts about product, good or bad, please do, and thank you. You want to bash other products, save it.

My above statement is directed at no one, it's just how I exercise my right to choose A from B. It is very sad that there is internal feuding, when a brotherhood would serve everyone SO much better! :wink:

Be safe and enjoy life, it's much more fun! :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Well boys, I've got several blemishes and after 38 years probably don't perform as good as the day my wife bought into me...I sure hope she doesn't send me back for replacement!!!! :)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

[quote="taz3"]I don't have a Matrix, just a Phoenix and after reading this I decided to have a close look at my limbs. Any idea what I should do? I can't find any blemishes on them anywhere! :roll: :lol:

Paint 'em black and look at 'em. You'll see um. lol the camo does hide them well.
Normous

Post by Normous »

flightattendant100 wrote: Paint 'em black and look at 'em. You'll see um. lol the camo does hide them well.
I think the Y25 limbs were hand picked because mine were flawless after I painted them black, how are yours?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

xbowkidd wrote:
Although it may seem impossible to believe, the squares marked 'A' and 'B' are actually exactly the same shade of grey

not saying that this is the case, but there could be some pretty big differences in photography.
IF you say so about 'A' and 'B'.... :wink:

What you are saying about color rendition with photography; that IS absolutely correct. Could well be the problem and not my glasses :lol: :idea: :lol:
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

This is ridiculous to me. It is a surface coating issue. Fine, if you don't like the blemish, ping the folks at excal and I am sure they will replace the limbs. Its really a non-issue.

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy a piece of crap knockoff...Middleton...Maximus...I will put them into the same pile...the woodpile for burning.
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!