Hunting Public Land

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowholic

Re: Hunting Public Land

Post by xbowholic »

Arkansas is blessed with "millions" and I mean millions of acres of Public Land; here where I live, it is swamps and thickets galore and some huge bucks are killed every year; a great friend of mine has bowhunted this paticular public land for over 20 years and he has 28 deer mounted and none of them are under 140 and his best is 189 3/8 monster, all coming off public land; I hunt both as I have over 900 acres of private but I love hunting the public land here b/c of the big boys that live and roam there; Arkansas is a great place to live with 5 full months of bowhunting, september thru feb 28 with no breaks;6 deer limit with only 2 leagl bucks that must have 3 points on one side and have a inside spread of 15 inches or more;
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Ya'll outta come hunt the cohutta's here in ga .It's nothing but straight up and down in places.Good bear and turkey hunting though.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Bowshott

Post by Bowshott »

Im hunting my private land mostly this year, cause Im not able to go out after work this year like I used to. Up until this year I used to hunt public land week day afternoons. Arkansas has great public land opportunities for archery hunters.
'12 Excal Vortex
2219 XX75 Magnums
125 Slicktricks
cevans

Post by cevans »

xbowholic wrote:Arkansas is blessed with "millions" and I mean millions of acres of Public Land; here where I live, it is swamps and thickets galore and some huge bucks are killed every year; a great friend of mine has bowhunted this paticular public land for over 20 years and he has 28 deer mounted and none of them are under 140 and his best is 189 3/8 monster, all coming off public land; I hunt both as I have over 900 acres of private but I love hunting the public land here b/c of the big boys that live and roam there; Arkansas is a great place to live with 5 full months of bowhunting, september thru feb 28 with no breaks;6 deer limit with only 2 leagl bucks that must have 3 points on one side and have a inside spread of 15 inches or more;
What do you use to measure that 15" inside spread with before shooting the bucks and how do you get them to stand that still when measuring? :lol:
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

This is a old thread but one I am fond of because it is how I have always hunted. I had to take off for a little over a 1 year, but am looking forward to hitting the Swan Creek WMA and the Black Warrior WMA here in northern Alabama :!:
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
bubba

Post by bubba »

I use to hunt only on pubic land. And had pretty good success. But the last ten years or so its only been private land, again with good success. I have noticed now that most of the public land i once hunted in north and central florida, has now mostly become private. Not nearly the amount of land years ago.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....What's private property?....I live in Jersey...very few people respect private property, hunting club property etc....I hunt state land, along with my boys; Anthony (AJR1234), Christopher, brother in law, uncle and a couple of friends.... last year was good to us...and was capped off by this nice 8th pointer taken by Chris with his Blackout 380 at his perched location at 25 yards....during the early archery season....

Anthony :)

Image[/URL]
Last edited by amythntr on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ds762

Post by ds762 »

I hunt both .. Depends where I want to go!

I'm lucky enough to have a handful of decent public areas close to the house! Makes an afternoon hunt after work fairly easy! ;)
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->