AM or PM?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OkXbowHunter

Re: AM or PM?

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I prefer the afternoon. It's generally a little warmer. But I hate tracking after dark. Over the years, all my big bucks have been shot before noon. This year, I'll be spending a lot of time hunting mid day because I have to be at home for my daughter to catch the bus and get off the bus. This may prove huge in the upcoming weeks as the Rut kicks in!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Personally, I leave right before it gets light, slow, quiet walk into my stand. I have always had the upper hand because of the surprise factor, they just don't seem to expect anybody walking around their house at this time.. Think of it like somebody coming into your home, what time would you least expect a visitor? Deer are the same way; They know if they hear something or smell something that is not right, guard goes up, your chances go down; Just my 2 cents...
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

I use a game forecast web site and hunt when times should be good to see movement :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.