Re: matrix blew apart

Post by colouredchameleon »

Lake shooter

I believe it is called

"Egg on your Face"

bricensears

Been in your shoes late 2012 early 2013
on another forum.
Posted about the nightmare issues I was having at the time with the NEW 2012 Fury.
The fan-actics were quick to jump all over me acusing me of the same as has been done here. Anyone who stays up to date on other manufactures know I ended up at the time a ripple of a much bigger tidial wave to come that contributed to the manufactures demise.
Hopefully the difference for you and Excalibur is how Excalibur approaches and handles your problem.
My experience so far with Excalibur's Customer Service has been very positive when I have had issue(s) with my Equinox. Quick and fast response.
Hopefully you stick around and keep everyone up to date on the outcome.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

:wink:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I saw no tar or feathers or egg for that matter.

A very likely troll ended up being legit

We have every right to be careful based on past posters. To the op: I hope you hang around and become a frequent poster.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

if that were my bow I would be pretty PO'd

talk to excel directly by phone, or if you are in the states talk to the US warranty rep. Excalibur isn't without faults but they right them pretty quick.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

If I had more than a few people jump on me on my first post, I'D be PO'd, and I'm also entitled to my opinion, which was as stated. :wink:
Boo

Post by Boo »

pinshooter wrote:My local shop said he was told this has been happening when people let the brace height get too low on the Matrix bows. Now I don't know if Excal told him that or Woodys. He had one come back that had done this same thing.
As far as I know virtually all of the limb tip issues have been on 355s. Those 355s has no string stops or ADF unts. They also have no mark for a brace height which would be really useful for those who don't frequent forums. When a string hits the riser because of a brace height that is too low it really snaps those limb tips back towards the center. While I realize that there could be the odd limb tip that had some air caught in the epoxy as the limb was pressed into the limb tip most of the limb tip failures were caused by operator error like dryfires and too low a brace height. Of course the low brace height issue can be attributed to the lack of a brace height mark. The lack of brace height mark stems from confusion coming from the last bows that have brace height marks so it seems a difficult issue to resolve (brace heights) so hopefully Excalibur will resolve the issues with some kind of written instructions (that many of us might not read first).
Regardless, our OP realizes he should not have said 'My Matrix Blew Up', the members were for the most part challenging, we're not out and out flaming him and in the end apologized.
I refrained from challenging because I knew it was possible, unlike that last person who said the limbs broke which they don't unless subjected to extreme heat. That post was very recent and the members were reacting with that in mind.
It serves no purpose to shake a finger at the challengers, they are good people, they meant well, they apologized and I'm sure everyone learned something. If not, we're human and are allowed to make mistakes.
Let's move on.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I for one didn't shake a finger at anyone. As a matter of fact, I said this, which somehow seems to be getting lost: " but the fact that those same folks were quick to apologize says a lot about the character and integrity of this forum's members."

Still, I agree about the moving on. :wink:
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

racking up points wrote:
yooper_man wrote:Peter (Excalibur Marketing Dude) said Matrix limb problems are user related.

I have the Matrix 355 and its limbs are solid built. If this truly happened I am with everyone else I need proof.

Andrew
I have a splintering issue the right limb of my Matrix 380. Peter knows about it and it certainly was not my fault. I'm sending my limbs back tomorrow.

This has not been a huge problem or anything, first noticed in OCT, but he told me not to worry. I had already taken steps to stem any further cracking. Used it all deer season without any problems but now it's time to get it fixed.

With any product you can have problems and its impossible to say its always the users fault.

As for this thread, the OP is clearly trolling.
Splintering is not uncommon with all Excalibur limbs, just blend in the area and keep hunting. Swap out your limbs after the season, which I am glad you are getting new limbs.

Peter was referring to Matrix limb tip problems which he said most were cause by dry fires.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Boo

Post by Boo »

Lake shooter wrote:Still, I agree about the moving on. :wink:
Which is why I'm not going to further comment. :wink:
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

Boo,

What is the correct brace height for the 355?

Bucktail
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bucktail wrote:Boo,

What is the correct brace height for the 355?

Bucktail
Well first I recommend that all Matrix bow use a string stopper. One that is installed about 1/4" between the rubber and the string or about 2 string widths. String stops do not have to be expensive because there are options.
Here's something interesting I found. Look at how far past the bumpers the string is going. It is indicated by the black mark (on the riser) just past where the mainframe and riser meet. It's a pretty positive indicator as to just how much force there is in that string. I'm sure that without the REDS my string might get really close to the raised part of the riser. The gap you see between the string and where the riser meets the mainframe is 15mm.

BTW, that is a Danny Miller Flemish string I'll be doing some testing with today.
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

This does beg the question as to why REDS and the ADF aren't offered as part of the 355 package. I have to assume that the final retail cost and differentiation from the 380 is part of the reason but when it comes to cost to the company in terms of warranty coverage, it could tip the scales.

Excalibur is a very, very smartly run company so my guess is this has already been discussed. All things considered, the Matrix platform has been very successful and rightfully so.
Boo

Post by Boo »

lovelight wrote:This does beg the question as to why REDS and the ADF aren't offered as part of the 355 package. I have to assume that the final retail cost and differentiation from the 380 is part of the reason but when it comes to cost to the company in terms of warranty coverage, it could tip the scales.

Excalibur is a very, very smartly run company so my guess is this has already been discussed. All things considered, the Matrix platform has been very successful and rightfully so.
Far be it for me to tell someone else how they "should" run or operate their company but I would like to see an ADF on all Matrix bows as well as a stinging aid and a mark on the side of the rail denoting a starting point for a brace height. Still, any company's responsibility is to themselves first. A healthy, profitable company can afford to take care of its customers and the more money they make the better care they can give. So I guess in the end the bean counters will determine what bow gets what equipment.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

lovelight wrote:This does beg the question as to why REDS and the ADF aren't offered as part of the 355 package.
These are two main reasons I bought the Matrix 355 over the 380. I didn't want the ADF device nor the R.E.D.S.

I wanted the less expensive Danny Miller's Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers.

My guess Excalibur didn't include them in order to keep the price lower.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's