Discontinued for 2014?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tim50

Re: Discontinued for 2014?

Post by Tim50 »

TPM wrote:
Tim50 wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:The models bein discontinued has already been put out. No rumor mill jus a fact, 3 models bein retained are the axiom ibex & vixen2 & thr Matrix line
Vixenmaster....I am not doubting you BUT where did you see the OFFICIAL announcement from the Bowtech/Excal team? I find it unusual that the NEW 2014 additions to the Bowtech/Excal line are on the site and released with GREAT fanfare yet those bows being discontinued are STILL listed and are being given a quiet funeral! Where is the Marketing Dude when you need him!! I personally do not appreciate the attempt to "slip" this by the consumer without an OFFICIAL release. This is NOT the Excal I have known! :(
I don't think anyone is trying slip anything by anyone. Companies typically don't offer an "official relaease" when discontinuing a product. They just disappear. The hard print catalogue has to reflect the product line for the entire 2014 sales year. The on-line catalogue will reflect what is currently being sold and will change as stocks deplete. That's pretty typical in the modern marketing world. Get with the times.

So you are suggesting all company's retain discontinued item on their online catalog? Someone had better contact Tenpoint, Barnett Bowtech and Bohning to let THEM know they are NOT with the times! Maybe you should look up the definition of the word "discontinued"! This is NOT typical in modern marketing company's produce catalogs to sell their CURRENT line not items they no longer produce or may have limited availability! Keep grasping for straws.... :wink:
TPM

Post by TPM »

Lighten up. If you want to get picky Excalibur doesn't officially offer the products for sale in a new catalogue until February every year. If anything I would have thought you'd have been upset by the fact that Excal is advertising bows that you can't even buy yet. I wish my world was as black and white as yours. :wink:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Can we say :roll:

"Cabin Fever"

:idea:
strum

Post by strum »

Man I cant understand where you are going here Tm50..
I said it before
" EXCALIBUR DOES NOT OWE YOU OR ME OR ANYONE ELSE AN EXPLANATION "
Let it go man..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

strum wrote:Man I cant understand where you are going here Tm50..
I said it before
Let it go man..
If you don't agree or don't like the thread ignore it! Apparently YOU can't let it go!!
strum

Post by strum »

Tim50 wrote:
I said it before
Let it go man..
If you don't agree or don't like the thread ignore it! Apparently YOU can't let it go!!
Tim im not trying to get in an argument here but I do feel for the new guy who started this thread with a simple question and was welcomed and then all of the sudden it went to pot.
Then I read in the jim beam thread where you get on to the guys saying the sky is not falling ect..and your doing excaly what you told them not to do.
maybe like some one els said cabin fever :shock:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

strum wrote:
Tim50 wrote:
I said it before
Let it go man..
Tim im not trying to get in an argument here but I do feel for the new guy who started this thread with a simple question and was welcomed and then all of the sudden it went to pot.
Then I read in the jim beam thread where you get on to the guys saying the sky is not falling ect..and your doing excaly what you told them not to do.
maybe like some one els said cabin fever :shock:

The Jim Beam thread was a joke on my part! Maybe some one needs to start not taking these forums so seriously! Let it go MAN!! :lol:
Last edited by Tim50 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Tim50 wrote: Apparently YOU can't let it go!!
Hummm,looks like you felt the need to start a similar thread in at least two other forums. :roll:
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Fred T wrote:
Tim50 wrote: Apparently YOU can't let it go!!
Hummm,looks like you felt the need to start a similar thread in at least two other forums. :roll:
It's called information. Had I not read Bowtect/Excal was dropping a number of bows ON THIS FORUM I would not have know about this. Information is what these forums are for & this is a perfect example! I shared this info on other crossbow forums because many people were not aware of these bows being dropped! Was this to be a secret for this forum only?
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Give it a rest!!! What are you a self proclaimed forum cop or something?
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Xbowkiller wrote:Give it a rest!!! What are you a self proclaimed forum cop or something?
Sounds like your the one trying to police the forum NOT me!
James Hutchison

Post by James Hutchison »

I have no regrets that I bought a now discontinued Exocet 200. Exocet and all Excalibur long limb bows have time tested reliability and performance. Excalibur cannot sit back and fail to evolve their product line or someone will eventually build a better option. Width was the a negative with the discontinued bows. The Matrix series shorter, narrower profile and new limb technology will keep Excalibur Crossbows the industry leader. We all love our Excal bows and they have changed throughout years since 1983. All the negativity with the merger is confusing. The new 2014 models are here and long limbs on the way out. Excalibur the Company is also changing and evolving in 2014. Best to evaluate the future after it happens. Thanks for your replies!
strum

Post by strum »

James Hutchison wrote:I have no regrets that I bought a now discontinued Exocet 200. Exocet and all Excalibur long limb bows have time tested reliability and performance. Excalibur cannot sit back and fail to evolve their product line or someone will eventually build a better option. Width was the a negative with the discontinued bows. The Matrix series shorter, narrower profile and new limb technology will keep Excalibur Crossbows the industry leader. We all love our Excal bows and they have changed throughout years since 1983. All the negativity with the merger is confusing. The new 2014 models are here and long limbs on the way out. Excalibur the Company is also changing and evolving in 2014. Best to evaluate the future after it happens. Thanks for your replies!
Thanks for hanging with us James. :D We welcome your input and stories
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
rej

Post by rej »

James Hutchison wrote:Have the Equinox, Exomax, Vortex, Exocet200 and Eclipse XT been discontinued for 2014? I am a new member of this forum and have learned volumes reading topics for a couple weeks. Just got my first Xbow an Exocet 200 this Christmas.
ed

Your 200 will serve you well. get to know it and tune it to your tastes. There are many out there still using carved limb models and love them. Take advantage of all the good info on this forum. It speeds up the learning a lot. About mid 2012 I got a Vortex. I shoot a lot and the first thing I learned was how to reserve a string, from Boo's site. Then I did a lot of experimenting with fletching and BH's. October of 2013 I got an M355, brought it home, peeked in the box, and closed it. The Vortex has been well blooded and takes down all I shoot at. Last was a 750 lb. moose at 35 yd. Complete pass through at 35 yd. with a smashed rib on the way out. Can't ask for better than that. The BH was a Slick Trick 175 gr. xbow magnum. Really happy with that Vortex. The M355? I have 3 grand sons close in age and I figure in about 8 years they will be strong enough to cock it. Then the 4 of us are going to put it together. I get to teach them some safety and sit back and watch the fun. In the meanwhile my Vortex will keep doing what it does so well.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Tim50 wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:The models bein discontinued has already been put out. No rumor mill jus a fact, 3 models bein retained are the axiom ibex & vixen2 & thr Matrix line
Vixenmaster....I am not doubting you BUT where did you see the OFFICIAL announcement from the Bowtech/Excal team? I find it unusual that the NEW 2014 additions to the Bowtech/Excal line are on the site and released with GREAT fanfare yet those bows being discontinued are STILL listed and are being given a quiet funeral! Where is the Marketing Dude when you need him!! I personally do not appreciate the attempt to "slip" this by the consumer without an OFFICIAL release. This is NOT the Excal I have known! :(
I do not know of a more OFFICIAL release as what is posted below from Marketing Dude (Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:26 am):
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Happy New Year everybody! Details regarding all of our 2014 products is now available on our website. To see the links to the new pages click the "home" button first. You can also download our new 2014 catalogue here:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/conten ... /Catalogue

Enjoy!

Peter
From what is posted above, and from the online catalog, the only models being made from 2014 on will be the models listed.
enormous wrote:
Tim50 wrote: Where is the Marketing Dude when you need him!!
Where is the Marketing Dude to put an end to this??
He posted that he is on vacation till the 20th if you follow the forum much.
He seems to only follow the forum when he thinks he has a right to attack or complain about something. IF I owned a company and was discontinuing a product, but there were still many of these products still out there for sale, then I would still list them on the product pages. They are still for sale, just not going to be produced anymore.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]