Armchair comandos dislike excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Roadrunnr72

Re: Armchair comandos dislike excalibur

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

onegunguitar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:....OBTW...while out hunting yesterday during NJ Winter Bow...my Excal was safely nestled back in its warm case at the end of the day....while my brother in law was holding, pushing, switching and asking for my help in uncocking his TenPoint...after which he helped our uncle and took his Barnett Wildcat and blew an arrow (destroyed) into the frozen, snow covered northern NJ tundra...would have made for a perfect Excalibur commercial....

Anthony
I love my Exocet 200. I also have a Barnett RC 150(150 lb draw),not the biggest and baddest crossbow by any means,but I decock it the same way we do our Excaliburs....I haven't figured out why they say you have to shoot a compound crossbow to decock it...am I missing something? When I use the rope to unload the Barnett,it's alot easier than the Exocet. Haha

Most other bows have an "Anti-dry fire" devise, that has to have an arrow in it to let it down, and the only save way is to actually shoot it. I know I wouldn't want to decock a bow with an arrow in it......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

"If you're not taking flack, you're not over the target"!!!! 8)
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

Roadrunnr72 wrote:
onegunguitar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:....OBTW...while out hunting yesterday during NJ Winter Bow...my Excal was safely nestled back in its warm case at the end of the day....while my brother in law was holding, pushing, switching and asking for my help in uncocking his TenPoint...after which he helped our uncle and took his Barnett Wildcat and blew an arrow (destroyed) into the frozen, snow covered northern NJ tundra...would have made for a perfect Excalibur commercial....

Anthony
I love my Exocet 200. I also have a Barnett RC 150(150 lb draw),not the biggest and baddest crossbow by any means,but I decock it the same way we do our Excaliburs....I haven't figured out why they say you have to shoot a compound crossbow to decock it...am I missing something? When I use the rope to unload the Barnett,it's alot easier than the Exocet. Haha

Most other bows have an "Anti-dry fire" devise, that has to have an arrow in it to let it down, and the only save way is to actually shoot it. I know I wouldn't want to decock a bow with an arrow in it......RR
Oh yea,that makes total sense,I forgot about that..haha. My RC 150 doesn't have the ADF on it.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I have a Tenpoint with ADF. Got the idea off a forum and now carry a six inch shaft and if I want to let it down I insert the six inch fletched shaft and let it down with my rope cocker. I will likely add one to my Vixen setup for target shooting. Get talking and distracted is when dryfires most likely will happen.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

TPM wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:I have never seen a negative comment towards Excalibur, seems in the crossbow world there are two people, those who have one, and those who want one.
Crossbows in general? Yep, seen the hate.
Pyd, you haven't been on Ontario Out of Doors forum lately. The mere mention of Excalibur brings out a bevy of Excal haters. All caught up in their Hortons and TenPounds. Personally I think they all fall in the "want one" category. :wink: :D
Your right, I don't visit there much. I would never have seen that coming though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string