Gettin' a 355. Couple questions.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Gettin' a 355. Couple questions.

Post by Boo »

filly wrote:I hear what everyone is saying. My main issue is, if the ADF and the string stops are so "crucial" and must-have items, why in the world is the 355 package sold without them? Makes no sense. From what you guys are saying, I can agree...Murphy's Law, right? Why would Excalibur not put these devices on ALL their bows?
No one says you have to have it. It is only a suggestion that is coming from everyone so far based on past experience.
If you are only going to sight in your bow and hunt, then it's likely the ADF will never be of assistance. But the more you shoot, the more likely a dry-fire will happen. If you've never made a mistake in your life :mrgreen: then you won't need it for target shooting either.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
filly

Post by filly »

About the cost/warranty factor of installing them on every bow. So you're saying if someone dry fires their bow and damages the limbs, that's warrantable? Excalibur covers a customer's negligence?
filly

Post by filly »

And of course I've made mistakes. Do it all the time. FYI, drew back my vertical compound bow this year and thankfully noticed I didn't have an arrow nocked. Was about to shoot and somehow just happened to notice. Probably would have had cams, strings, and whatnot littering my basement.
Boo

Post by Boo »

filly wrote:About the cost/warranty factor of installing them on every bow. So you're saying if someone dry fires their bow and damages the limbs, that's warrantable? Excalibur covers a customer's negligence?
They may or may not warrant it but one things for sure, they'll help you out more than you think they will.
filly

Post by filly »

Oh, I know. I've contacted both Danny and Peter in the past with stuff, and they've never failed.

So, back to my very original question...Am I hurting the bow at all by not using string stops? Ain't worried about noise and such. The deer doesn't care if he heard a noise the moment the broadhead touches him.
Adelmo

Post by Adelmo »

The 355 like the 330 is sold without the bumpers/reds and is safe and ready to hunt. Accessories are only options available. I have Danny Miller buggy bumpers and highly recommend them as well.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

filly wrote:Oh, I know. I've contacted both Danny and Peter in the past with stuff, and they've never failed.

So, back to my very original question...Am I hurting the bow at all by not using string stops? Ain't worried about noise and such. The deer doesn't care if he heard a noise the moment the broadhead touches him.
IMO no you won't be hurting it by not using the stops, otherwise they would come with the bow from the factory if it was a must-have item.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Boo

Post by Boo »

Kegbelly wrote:
filly wrote:Oh, I know. I've contacted both Danny and Peter in the past with stuff, and they've never failed.

IMO no you won't be hurting it by not using the stops, otherwise they would come with the bow from the factory if it was a must-have item.
Yep! Nothing will break without the string stops, but there are some benefits.
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

I just bought Danny's string stoppers and the ADF,put them on and it's somewhat a relief knowing that if and when that dry fire situation arises,the ADF is there to stop it. I know they say that the Excalibur can handle a dry fire but why chance it? It's just an added safety measure to protect your investment. :) :) Also, I personally think Excalibur should add Trigger Tech triggers to their bows,even if it's an option,they are some sweet triggers. I have a single stage and love it!!!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

onegunguitar wrote:I just bought Danny's string stoppers and the ADF,put them on and it's somewhat a relief knowing that if and when that dry fire situation arises,the ADF is there to stop it. I know they say that the Excalibur can handle a dry fire but why chance it? It's just an added safety measure to protect your investment. :) :) Also, I personally think Excalibur should add Trigger Tech triggers to their bows,even if it's an option,they are some sweet triggers. I have a single stage and love it!!!
X2!!!!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Gmen

Post by Gmen »

I had a dry fire last summer and have the REDS on my 355. As a result of the dry fire one of the limbs was cracked and had both limbs replaced.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I spect i will add my nickel to this topic. REDS/Baby bumpers are not needed! Thats jus a nice option on some of the models & others get them cause they be the top models wid top prices added to'em. ADF is another of those great choices top model get. Its a great option & will save limbs n strings if'en you shoot widout an arrow loaded. Is it a must no but every time you dryfire a model that has it issued but removed it, will cost you $30 fer new limbs & down time. My Excals run bare naked but mine are not high fps crotch rockets either!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

Hahahaha...."My Excals run bare naked but mine are not high fps crotch rockets either!" That's a good one,lol!!!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

filly wrote:I hear what everyone is saying. My main issue is, if the ADF and the string stops are so "crucial" and must-have items, why in the world is the 355 package sold without them? Makes no sense. From what you guys are saying, I can agree...Murphy's Law, right? Why would Excalibur not put these devices on ALL their bows?
Image :|
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

filly wrote:Not going to bother with the ADF unit. Not sure how folks dry fire these things. I've got a ritual down. Cock it and immediately, first thing, is put it on safe. It's like putting your car in D before you hit the gas.
I thought the same thing at first but when friends and other people are around you can get out of your ritual trust me I know and so does just about everybody else that has dryfired their Excal. You can't go wrong with the ADF at all its like an insurance policy for your Excal that you hope you never have to use.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads