Rage Broadheads for crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

Re: Rage Broadheads for crossbow

Post by racking up points »

In my vertical bow days, I used the Rage heads. A nice 8-pt buck gave me a gimme 15y broadside and I missed him by about 3 ft. I took the head home, cleaned it up, locked in the blades and took a second shot. And again, it missed wide by a large margin. It did this over and over again. The blades were pre-deploying.

Some shooters use dental bands, and as I understand it, the new ones have a retention system. But they'll never be in my quiver again! All it took was the look of that huge 8-pt rack bouncing away from me to make me swear off mechanicals for good.

I use Montecs and Snuffers exclusively. They are solid with out any removable parts and they re-sharpen easily. As long as you do your job, they'll do their job.

No soapbox...just my experience. :D shoot whatever kills critters for you.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Now the Montec is one I do want to try. I have not read anything negative about them, and there is no design more solid than those broadheads.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

The 125 gr montec flies better than all others I tested out of my 380 so my shopping days are over! :D
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Big D

Post by Big D »

I have used the Rage with great success out of my excaliburs. Other than quick kills I think I like them because they fly just like my field points. Has anyone found a fixed head that flies exactly like field points? I use the 2 blade magnus buzzcut out of my vertical recurve but never tried them out of my x-bow.

Big D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have had good luck with the NAP Thunderhead, and Cabelas Copperheads in terms of accuracy with the Vortex, and 355. My shooting buddy uses the Slick Trick Viper Tricks, and they fly very well also. I don't mean to sound like I'm slamming on the Rage, I have killed some deer with them too, and never lost one I hit with them, that does say a lot for a broadhead. I only missed one nice buck, and that put me back on the fixed heads. I probably knocked the head loose in my stand before day break, IDK! :shock: I will say that they do fly nice, as do most mechanical heads. I got some hunting buddies that will not shoot anything but Rage, and they be some killing fools too!

Good luck, hunt hard, hunt safe!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!