String care

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: String care

Post by SEW »

A little follow-up:
Yes, the M380 & M405 are used for hunting and do stay cocked for a while. I've used rail lub(Rail Snot), wax(Boo's), Boo's string and JBK primarily, even a little Scorpin serving lub. I've not unwound the strings at all.
I got an immediate response from TT asking I send in the trigger. Will do so tomorrow or the next day - very busy at work.
My entire Excal experience has been positive: Excal/products, TT, Boo strings, Big John arrows, Boo's website, Don K himself, Excal website, Danny Miller advice and support, Wyvern support, Mike R.( Stock in progress ), Tom Butler's encouragement and advice concerning Excal, Mike Hall (Vixenmaster) - advice, string, help.
Excal is more than just a company. It's more like a community centered on a high value product line. I have 1 serious hobby - vrecurve/crossbow hunting. I wish I'd discovered Excal years ago. Still as the saying goes, "It's never too late to have a great rest of your life".
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Well said Steve.... Yes..everything Excal is pretty darn cool. It's a community alright.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

SEW wrote:
TriggerTech wrote:Hi,

We are sorry for any issues experienced. Our early triggers had slightly different profiles, so the experiences here might be over a couple different design releases as well as polishing improvements.

There are a lot of variables that go into serving wear. Please give us a call if you have any issues and we will be sure to work our hardest to solve them.

1-800-795-1485 or [email protected]

Safe shooting!

TT
I'll call. I love my TT triggers. I'd be tickled if you'd eval and re contour as needed. There is no wear on the serving; however, there is serving seperation on my strings. The contour is a little wider, ie more square, than the Excal design. It seems that would help rather than hurt but...
So thanks TT. I'll call.
SW
Steve, if you can elaborate? How have your servings been holding up? Also what differences have you noticed in your original TT trigger unit and or replaced unit? Just curious..thanks!!!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:A little follow-up:
Yes, the M380 & M405 are used for hunting and do stay cocked for a while. I've used rail lub(Rail Snot), wax(Boo's), Boo's string and JBK primarily, even a little Scorpin serving lub. I've not unwound the strings at all.
I got an immediate response from TT asking I send in the trigger. Will do so tomorrow or the next day - very busy at work.
My entire Excal experience has been positive: Excal/products, TT, Boo strings, Big John arrows, Boo's website, Don K himself, Excal website, Danny Miller advice and support, Wyvern support, Mike R.( Stock in progress ), Tom Butler's encouragement and advice concerning Excal, Mike Hall (Vixenmaster) - advice, string, help.
Excal is more than just a company. It's more like a community centered on a high value product line. I have 1 serious hobby - vrecurve/crossbow hunting. I wish I'd discovered Excal years ago. Still as the saying goes, "It's never too late to have a great rest of your life".

....and all of the Excalibur Brothers and Sisters stood up with one voice and cried......Amen!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

SEW wrote:I've owned xbows for 31 years but Excals only a little over 1 year( M380/405 ). On my "inferior" wheeled xbows I waxed the string, lubbed the rail, and sometimes used serving lub. Strings and servings would last at least 2000-2500 shots. I did highly polish the string holding latches.
I'm not having this success with my Excals. My serving is separating . I do use string wax, rail lub, and some serving lub. Bet this is a bad idea. TT on each xbow. The strings I have include Boo, JBK, Vixenmaster,factory. Of the 3 I've used, all seem to be having some seperation. The seperation is actually where the cocking latches go.
I know this has been addressed many times; however, for us slow learners, "say it again" please. How to best care for strings on Excalibur xbows.
SEW I had the same problem with my 380 TT trigger. I polished the trigger latches like BOO recommends on his site. Thanks BOO. Also talked to Danny Miller he said no wax on the serving and no rail lube which I was doing both. After listening to these 2 gentlemen no more problem

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
bubba

Post by bubba »

I have read and been following this thread, and find it very informative to the point I think i'll be looking to a tt trigger in my near future, tt, triggers and Excalibur are two great companies that stand behind there products, sure makes me feel glad I went with Excalibur, and I'm pretty sure Trigger tech, will be as good!! I walk by them Ten points and barnetts bows and just smile to my self, Yeaa Buddyyy. I'm good to go................ Quaility! Customer service! And also backed by a first class forum members, like we have here.. TURN THE PAGE....................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bubba wrote:I have read and been following this thread, and find it very informative to the point I think i'll be looking to a tt trigger in my near future, tt, triggers and Excalibur are two great companies that stand behind there products, sure makes me feel glad I went with Excalibur, and I'm pretty sure Trigger tech, will be as good!! I walk by them Ten points and barnetts bows and just smile to my self, Yeaa Buddyyy. I'm good to go................ Quaility! Customer service! And also backed by a first class forum members, like we have here.. TURN THE PAGE....................
....Hear ye, Hear ye...The Gentlman from the south has the floor! :D

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

X2 on that. IMHO, the 380 is a slick outfit stock, but for me at least, the trigger is too heavy and has too much creep. Do I think that I'll do any better or worse in my hunting? Absolutely not. But, I will enjoy shooting more, and that in itself is a plus. Another plus is that it should add to the resale value of my bow in case I ever want something different.

TT coming before next season..... 8)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

One thing also to consider is your height. Sounds crazy, but cocking the bow too far back into the latches can cause separation, just something to think about.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

xcaliber wrote:One thing also to consider is your height. Sounds crazy, but cocking the bow too far back into the latches can cause separation, just something to think about.
So true, I learned this early on.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Update. I received my TT trigger back from TAt. So polished! The back side of the string catches are now a little more rounded. Very polished. The spring(mine was an early model and auto cocked ) is now stiffer.
In TT's defense, I lub'd the rail some and used some Scorpion serving lub. I'll now follow advice given here which is also what Danny Miller gives. Likely, the same serving separation that I had with the TT would have been had with the Excal trigger. Mailing in my 380 trigger tomorrow.
randyxx75

Post by randyxx75 »

I put a TT on my used M 380, as soon as I got it and have seen hardly any wear on my serving, I have several stings from XbOhErO and was kinda looking forward to reserving an Excal string and looks like it will be a long long time before doing so.

here's a hunt with the Excal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy55o-ti3O4
Micro nightmare
Solution LS 390
Matrix 380
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

I never had any problems with my TT with MIller string or Boo string on my 355 or 330. Then I made my own custom Mad Max 405 (before Excalibur named there Mad Max 380, LOL) my 405 caused separation on both my strings. :(
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

randyxx75 wrote:I put a TT on my used M 380, as soon as I got it and have seen hardly any wear on my serving, I have several stings from XbOhErO and was kinda looking forward to reserving an Excal string and looks like it will be a long long time before doing so.

here's a hunt with the Excal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy55o-ti3O4
Xbohero makes a good looking string for sure ! Nice fellow also !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yes Sir, X2 on that!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!