What's the most reliable Excal?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Re: What's the most reliable Excal?

Post by DuckHunt »

My old ExoMax is tough. I'm a member of the dry fire club and I know from experience that the limbs will open a bit wider than you think when shooting from a stand. :oops: No damage in either case except to my pride. Its taken a dozen more deer since then.

I'm sure the talks of less stress on the lower poundage bows are probably right, but we'd by splitting hairs to find which of the older models is most reliable.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

DuckHunt wrote:I'm sure the talks of less stress on the lower poundage bows are probably right, but we'd by splitting hairs to find which of the older models is most reliable.
DuckHunt
Hard to argue that kind of logic,,,, someday they will be debating this same thing and the lighter draw Matrix will be getting the same praises would be my bet!!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

paulaboutform wrote: I bet you could talk to Woody's and Danny Miller. Ask which bows they repair the least and I'm guessing they'd answer the same. Of course, the light limbers probably don't sell nearly as many as the heavier bows. Hmmmm. :?:
If you ask Danny Miller he will tell you that -
his most favorite crossbow in the whole world is the "Deerhide Brown Vixen"
(those were his exact words to me) lol
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I would say any of the Exo series!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

This is a easy question to answer if you approach it logically. The hunting bow with the fewer parts to replace and the less stress on the bow structure is the VIXEN II. I like the original Excalibur Bow principle K.I.S.S. 8)
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

My vote would be for the Ibex. What a sweet bow to shoot. If I'm gonna do a ton of shooting, I use the "bex". The beast is only used for hunting or short shooting sessions. :D
Hank
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

My guess would be a Phoenix. Taking in consideration how many years the Phoenix has been on the market. Likely sold a Phoenix for more years than any other bow made. Hope mine lasts as long as I am going to be hunting. CHEERS!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I see a lot of the OLDER Excals mentioned over and over....one of the things I am looking forward to at Boofest is to be able to get a chance to shoot them all at least once....I just hope that I don't leave ordering an older Excal or two :? :?

....Maybe I can negotiate hard and offer a supply of Canolli's sent in exchange for an older model! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

amythntr wrote:....I see a lot of the OLDER Excals mentioned over and over....one of the things I am looking forward to at Boofest is to be able to get a chance to shoot them all at least once....I just hope that I don't leave ordering an older Excal or two :? :?

....Maybe I can negotiate hard and offer a supply of Canolli's sent in exchange for an older model! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
Ya better bring lots an lots of those Canoli's with ya :mrgreen: - As it really is hard as heck to beat those ole Excal Models. Seems like they are a more forgiving bow to shoot that the speed demons of today- Wish I still had some of the old Exo series bows I let get away through the years :D