Matrix 405, All set ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Clover13

Re: Matrix 405, All set ...

Post by Clover13 »

I guess you have spare parts for everything you own huh? Forget reliability, go for redundancy! Forget about the cost whether financial or your personal time...just get more parts! Hah, good solution!

So if these threads have gotten so redundant, then perhaps that indicates there is indeed a problem :mrgreen:

We all just want a verified/confirmed solution, until then...we'll be using "spare parts" and keeping our fingers crossed we don't need them (again).
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Clover13 wrote:I guess you have spare parts for everything you own huh? Forget reliability, go for redundancy! Forget about the cost whether financial or your personal time...just get more parts! Hah, good solution!

So if these threads have gotten so redundant, then perhaps that indicates there is indeed a problem :mrgreen:

We all just want a verified/confirmed solution, until then...we'll be using "spare parts" and keeping our fingers crossed we don't need them (again).
It looks like I made a liar out of myself. I said I was done, yet I'm back beating this dead horse. Spare parts for everything - no. Some things - yes. Extra limbs - no. Will I get a spare set for insurance? - maybe, maybe not. As inexpensive as they are, it's kinda foolish for me not to. Anything man made (especially under pressure) is apt to break.

You must have misunderstood me, It's not the massive amount of threads and posts that has gotten redundant, but it's the same few people that I was referring to.

Get over it, move on, or get a Barnett and then move on.
donjose

Post by donjose »

Crazy Horse wrote:Blah, blah, blah is right. Get some spare limbs for crying out loud! These threads have got so redundant, I will not look at another one. This one included. And by the way, I count on my 405 to do the job the most EVERY time I take it out, not when/if it it breaks. Any time you push the envelope, chances go up that something may go wrong whether it's crossbows, hot rods, reloading hot ammo, or whatever. It's the nature of the beast. If anything ever happens to my 405 or any other Excals I may own in the future, I will get it fixed and go on about my business. Go ahead and start slinging your swords about what I say - I don't care. I got thick skin anyway. Like I said, I'm done with these type of threads.

Jason, this was not intended for you. Enjoy your new Widow Maker and you said it right - don't look back.
No worries Brother I was not offended at all, I am with you on the extra limb idea as well. But I have a back up MXB Dagger so not to worried I like the old saying two is one, one is none
Matrix 405 Mega " Widow Maker "
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Clover13 wrote:I guess you have spare parts for everything you own huh? Forget reliability, go for redundancy! Forget about the cost whether financial or your personal time...just get more parts! Hah, good solution!

I agree ,, We want the problem resolved. To me it doesn't make since to buy what you thought a good product, Then to turn around and buy spare limbs and such..Not to criticize Excalibur but right now they have a way and demand to sell blemish limbs , What happen to these limbs prior to the limb problems. Where these blemish limbs just tossed away or what ?? Capitalism can drive companies to make decisions that influence the bottom line that might not be the actual bottom line ..None of us really don't know how bowtechs buying excalibur has influence the decision making, Who's actually in charge ??? I hope this doesn't sound like I'm critizing excalibur or the fine people at excalibur .
Clover13

Post by Clover13 »

Crazy Horse wrote:

It looks like I made a liar out of myself. I said I was done, yet I'm back beating this dead horse. Spare parts for everything - no. Some things - yes. Extra limbs - no. Will I get a spare set for insurance? - maybe, maybe not. As inexpensive as they are, it's kinda foolish for me not to. Anything man made (especially under pressure) is apt to break.

You must have misunderstood me, It's not the massive amount of threads and posts that has gotten redundant, but it's the same few people that I was referring to.

Get over it, move on, or get a Barnett and then move on.
I guess you are OK with the lost time in sighting in and tuning the bow again. You do realize you can't just slap limbs on and all your marks are "spot on", right?

I "get it", it's proactive to have a spare set of limbs "just in case", but in 25 years of shooting bows, I haven't had a single limb failure on any of them. So this is definitely "out of the norm" and something we shouldn't just "accept" as wear and tear (on a bow that has less than 100 shots on it?!?). These aren't machines getting beat into the ground, they're going through a very predictable and repeatable process during shot execution. EVERY bow manufacturer strives to guarantee limb life, failure is NOT an option and it is NEVER accepted in the industry. So you are certainly "out of the norm" with your belief system as it relates to products, and without question as it relates to the archery world.

You're a little too accepting of manufacturing defects IMO, and granted you're tired of hearing about it from the same people perhaps, but it's an issue that needs to get resolved and I'm glad Excalibur is working on it.

And why would I want to go to Barnett?!?! There's a reason I chose Excalibur for my crossbow, and I don't want to change. Excalibur stepping up with their manufacturing and working on identifying the problem is a great way for them to preserve their customer loyalty and base. And it is up to it's customers to point these things out, it's a win/win situation IF they respond like they have...it helps them, it helps us.

Sorry we tainted your vision of the product and wore out your patience because of our problems. Maybe you shouldn't read these posts at all, it might save you the heart burn. For the rest of us, we just want a solution to the problem and to regain our confidence in our hunting crossbows without fear or concern of it failing afield, or even worse hurting one of us during it's use.

Seems like pretty common sense to me... :roll:
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Well said Clover!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I've read all of these threads and posts and although I probably have no business responding to any of them as I do not have a 405 nor have I had any limb issues as of yet, I will in an attempt to quell the tension.

I understand EVERYONE'S point. I would certainly be upset also. I personally do not have an extra set of limbs nor do I have a backup crossbow. What I do have is my vertical compound that I know I can take out after four years of storage, align my kisser points, and group a dollar at 40 yards. That's good for me but may not be for someone else, that's understood.

As for it always happens at the most inopportune time, I say Murphy's Law. Of course it will, it happens to me all of the time in various situations. I call it MY luck.

I also understand that Excalibur is the best in the business with their warranty and customer service and have full faith in them. As was stated before, anything man made is prone to breakage. Perhaps some who aren't having issues received limbs that were made in a different batch or before some different compounds were switched or experimented with, who knows. What is apparent is that now there seems to be some bad limbs out there for whatever reason. I personally believe that they must have changed their recipe a little and it didn't work out as well as they thought but we can all rest assured that they will fix it and are also working on the issue from the inside out.

Although my friend Crazy Horse may have been a little terse in his words, I do also understand his point as well as I understand the point of the effected persons. Of course I don't like to hear negative things about a product that I have had positive experiences with and whom I love and respect for their products and services. I think that some people sometimes don't understand such frustrations until it happens to them. I honestly think that Crazy Horse isn't tired of hearing things from anyone in particular, he's also tired of hearing about it because he cares about this company. So, although I may be wrong in speaking for him, I think that maybe he expressed his frustrations in a way that seemed personal when all he wants is the issue to be fixed also.

I too am tired of hearing about it, but that doesn't mean that I'm tired of the various people posting about their issues, I'm just tired of hearing about it and cannot wait for Excalibur to be able to fix the problem. I love this forum and enjoy this companies equipment too much to see it receive negative attention. So I hope that they figure it out soon and that no one is able to post about this issue due to it not happening any further.

JMO,
Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Well said , Really if more companies had forums like this possibly the issues they have with products might be resolved sooner.At least Excalibur realizes there are some problems and Im sure a conclusion will be soon. Excalibur has never sweeped problems under the rug or tried to hide the problem .

In regards to members getting upset at the negative things in this forum about Excalibur, There is way more positive the negative. I'm sure this forum has helped Excalibur in many ways. Let's face it Excalibur could very well start screening this forum for negative things and just take down the thread..
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

rein1 wrote: In regards to members getting upset at the negative things in this forum about Excalibur, There is way more positive the negative. I'm sure this forum has helped Excalibur in many ways. Let's face it Excalibur could very well start screening this forum for negative things and just take down the thread..
Agreed about approach. But consider your favorite brand, in your mind, being negatively criticized. Your first reaction is negative and defensive because this is OUR company and no one is going to put it down. We are all hunters, some veterans, etc.. which in my mind tells me that we're all of the Alpha male personality and although we try to be cordial the vast majority of the time, there are those times where we allow our defensive nature and love for OUR company to just flow from our minds to the keyboard.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
rein1

Post by rein1 »

TheBig1 wrote:
rein1 wrote: In regards to members getting upset at the negative things in this forum about Excalibur, There is way more positive the negative. I'm sure this forum has helped Excalibur in many ways. Let's face it Excalibur could very well start screening this forum for negative things and just take down the thread..
Agreed about approach. But consider your favorite brand, in your mind, being negatively criticized. Your first reaction is negative and defensive because this is OUR company and no one is going to put it down. We are all hunters, some veterans, etc.. which in my mind tells me that we're all of the Alpha male personality and although we try to be cordial the vast majority of the time, there are those times where we allow our defensive nature and love for OUR company to just flow from our minds to the keyboard.

Very True ,, Alpha males for sure , But we all do enjoy our Excalibur Crossbows .. I would be the first one to stick up for Excalibur during any negative comments about my Matrix 405.. What the crossbow can I get dialed in and shoot at 60 yds like I do at 20..Sure some of us like to use different strings, triggers, bolts to get that final setup that we as hunters all want.

I just think that all Excalibur dealers should be able to handle warranty issues...
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

rein1 wrote:I just think that all Excalibur dealers should be able to handle warranty issues...
No doubt, I completely agree!!! Here's one even worse. The place where I bought mine is a gun shop. Now they're great people and will do what they can for you, but they literally know nothing about the Excalibur crossbows. I didn't even know that they sold them until a buddy told me. Their shop is about the size of your living room and spam of a regular size house and it's just filled with guns and gun supplies.

I called over there for the ADF and they had no clue what I was asking for. LOL It was funny but they're great people.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Yea I'm sure the gun shop gets them from one of the firearm distributors, I have a couple of places that I buy firearms from with my ffl 01 license that handle excalibur wholesale . The problem is like you said most gun shops know very little about excalibur crossbows and how to set them up ..
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

rein1 wrote:Yea I'm sure the gun shop gets them from one of the firearm distributors, I have a couple of places that I buy firearms from with my ffl 01 license that handle excalibur wholesale . The problem is like you said most gun shops know very little about excalibur crossbows and how to set them up ..
But that's also one of the greatest thingsabout Excalibur. Anything that can be done or needs to be done, you can do yourself.

I'll be honest, if a limb broke on me I'd be irate and I'd probably post about it. But it'd be more on the frustration of how I was inconvenienced. Even if Excalibur is having issues I trust them 100% that eventually they will get it figured out. Frustrating? You're damn Skippy but even if I had to get 4 pairs of limbs from them, as long as they honored it and sent them, there'd be no problem.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Clover13 wrote:Get over it, move on, or get a Barnett and then move on.
And why would I want to go to Barnett?!?! There's a reason I chose Excalibur for my crossbow, and I don't want to change. :[/quote]

Clover, I do not mean any disrespect here, but after tensions have cooled down, which I hope they have, you have to sit back and look at Crazy Horses comment in another light. I have to say that was one of the funniest things that I've ever heard.

The reason being is look at how passionate we are about Excalibur that the simple phrase, "Or get a Barnett and then move on", becomes an insult. I find that hilarious!! :lol:

Again, no disrespect meant but if you look at it in a different light instead of an angry one it becomes a funny ball buster. It actually took me about 30-45 minutes to think about it and then I just started laughing.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Clover13

Post by Clover13 »

It was pretty funny actually. None of us want a Barnett, so it's also kinda insulting too...but in a funny way :)

No worries, I don't take this stuff personally, the debates are fun though :mrgreen: