Which one to buy??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: Which one to buy??

Post by SEW »

I've shot a Micro335 some: love the size and looks, very hard to cock, the 355 will be much harder than the 380 to cock, the shorter quills loose their accuracy beyond 50-60 yds, it is heavy for size. The M380 is faster, more practical for me, etc. I have a 380, a 405 and a 400.
To me, the BD400 without any accessories is Excal's best product yet. The size, looks, limb attachment geometry, performance, all seem to be an improvement over the Matrix and Micro series. I fully expect a Bull Pup series to follow. These 2 bows, the Bull Dog and Bull Pup will likely put Excalibur back on top without the complaints which originated from earlier problems, primarily, overheated limbs.
Summary: don't rule out the BD400 .
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:I've shot a Micro335 some: love the size and looks, very hard to cock, the 355 will be much harder than the 380 to cock, the shorter quills loose their accuracy beyond 50-60 yds, it is heavy for size. The M380 is faster, more practical for me, etc. I have a 380, a 405 and a 400.
To me, the BD400 without any accessories is Excal's best product yet. The size, looks, limb attachment geometry, performance, all seem to be an improvement over the Matrix and Micro series. I fully expect a Bull Pup series to follow. These 2 bows, the Bull Dog and Bull Pup will likely put Excalibur back on top without the complaints which originated from earlier problems, primarily, overheated limbs.
Summary: don't rule out the BD400 .

.....Steve, now stop it! :shock: ....I already convinced myself that less is more when it comes to number of Excalibur crossbows! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

:lol: Who let the Dawgs out! :lol:
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
SEW

Post by SEW »

Sparkey wrote::lol: Who let the Dawgs out! :lol:
Obviously Excalibur did. Bull Dog first and soon the Bull Pups.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:
Sparkey wrote::lol: Who let the Dawgs out! :lol:
Obviously Excalibur did. Bull Dog first and soon the Bull Pups.

....and we all know what bull pups make a lot of! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Bulldog stock with Micro Limbs would make me part with more $$$$.... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.