Did you use a bait pile to harvest your deer in 2016

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Did you use bait pile to harvest your deer ?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 am

Corn
30%
Mineral mix
7%
Salt lick
5%
Apples
14%
Carrots
3%
Browse
2%
Nothing
38%

Total votes: 86

Boo

Re: Did you use a bait pile to harvest your deer in 2016

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT BAIT.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boo wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT BAIT.

That looks like face of person we had arrested for hunting over bait at Magistrates office when they said ..$500 fine and you lose your license.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

nchunterkw wrote:Really pretty buck Nog!! Just curious...what would you say he weighed? They are slightly smaller than whitetails right?
Our Island deer are actually quite small compared to the whitetails (Alberta & Saskatchewan) I am used to. Over there a big buck can easily top 300 pounds, and I've personally seen a few that topped 350. Average mature Blacktail buck runs around 175 pounds on the hoof. Guess this year's buck (the one in that picture) probably went around the 170 mark.

The biggest Island Buck I've ever seen was one I killed a few years back now - his tale in in this thread from 2012: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... 7&p=433099

He dressed at 225 pounds on the hook. Several of the Ladz Dads & Uncles came around to have a look - many having hunted the Island for over 50 years. None could remember ever seeing one of this size before.

To keep it somewhat on track - No, this one was not shot over bait. But he was shot with an Excalibur after a short stalk... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."