Quebec poachers caught in Alberta

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shakky

Post by Shakky »

That does clear things up for me. Thanks.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Fellas

This is the kind of thing that I sure would have been happy to have seen sorted out. A newspaper reporter would have interviewed the persons convicted to try to get a statement, and at least would have got confirmation that would give certainty about identities.

It's too bad that the wider world isn't hearing about this, if it's the same people involved in the business who were caught poaching. Most newspaper reporters would have cut off their right arm to have a chance at a story like this appears to be.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Mooseplus

Post by Mooseplus »

(THE BLUE STAR) wrote:I was On the Buck expert Pro staff Four years back, When I worked for Pro Pack A Hunting and fishing store in Louiseville Quebec , I was the store manager back then . I ran into Mario Pepin at all the trade shows in Quebec, for the booking`s of hunting gear. Vero was and still is his sister. :D Frederick
I Would not want to argue with you, and excuse me for saying this, but as a Buck Expert Pro Staff you were certainly remote from Mr. Pepin's love life. I just confirmed it again with a different source. He knows Maryo and Veronique is indeed Maryo's better half. I didn'tt ask if they are married or common law, but they certainly are not brother and sister.

So far she is identified as his girlfriend on all french forums, I double checked with a source working with Maryo's brother and I just triple checked with an acquaintance and businees associate of Maryo.

You may want to check on your side with other sources to satisfy yourself that you are or are not correct.

While I cannot name my sources, rest assure that they know for sure.
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Hi Mooseplus I just called Buck Expert in St Benjemin Que. I asked a Mr Caron if Vero is his sister or wife .His reply was " girl cfriend" You were Right I was wrong . I was told by Mario : She is my sister : I even asked him as a joke is she married and he said no way! no body wants her.
SORRY ABOUT THAT. :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
A.W

Post by A.W »

I just found this article on the O.F.A.H website. Seems this guy got off light.

Hunter fined $3,000 for shooting elk
Author: N/A
Source: Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources January 24, 2006

Belleville — A Pickering man has been fined $3,000 for defying the Ontario ban on the hunting of elk.

Luigi Morra, 58, who pleaded guilty, was also ordered to pay $1,000 to the North Hastings Elk Restoration Fund.

Court was told that Ministry of Natural Resources conservation officers from Tweed charged Morra on November 19 this year, after he shot and killed a bull elk calf on the final day of the 2005 deer gun season in Wildlife Management Unit 61, in Elzevir Ward, Tweed.

Justice of the Peace Sam Cureatz heard the case in the Ontario Court of Justice, Belleville on December 20, 2005.

Call 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667) toll-free any time to report a natural resources violation, or contact your local ministry office during regular business hours. You can also call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.ofah.org/News/index.cfm?ID=2 ... oc&DID=761
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

This just came out:

http://www.ec.gc.ca/press/2006/060302-b_n_e.htm

QUEBEC, March 2, 2006 - Five people entered guilty pleas in Alberta Provincial Court in Wainwright, to breaking provincial and federal wildlife regulations. On February 2, 2006, the Court fined the five people a total of $26,750, and barred each individual from hunting in Alberta for five years.

The five Quebec residents pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of wildlife, wasting the edible meat of a big game animal, transporting illegally-taken game across provincial boundaries and obtaining hunting licences when ineligible. They are Rémi Poulin, 47 years old, of St-Joseph-de-Beauce, Mario Pépin, 46 years old, Véronique Lévesque, 27 years old, and Yvon Poulin, 38 years old, all of St-Benjamin, and Bernard Métivier, 42 years old, of St-Nicolas. The offences involved white-tailed deer and mule deer. In most instances, only the antlers had been taken, not the carcasses of the deer.

These convictions were the result of an investigation by the Fish and Wildlife Division of Alberta Sustainable Resource Development, with assistance from the Wildlife Enforcement Division of Environment Canada, Quebec Region. Saskatchewan wildlife officers also participated in the investigation.

The hunting offences first came to light in November 2003, when wildlife officers in Saskatchewan intercepted Quebec residents poaching deer in that province and learned they were also operating in Alberta.

After receiving this information, wildlife officers in Alberta began an investigation and determined that an organized network of poachers from Quebec was operating in Alberta. Officers used a variety of methods to gather evidence, including forensic analysis by the Edmonton Police Service of photographs the poachers had in their possession, and DNA analysis of wildlife parts. It became evident that deer parts the poachers were found with in Saskatchewan had actually been obtained at various locations in Alberta. Environment Canada officers in Quebec assisted with taking statements and gathering intelligence, helping bring this case to a successful conclusion.

Environment Canada invites the public to report poaching and interprovincial or international smuggling of wildlife by calling 1-800-463-4311.

For more information, please contact:

Sheldon Jordan
Regional Director
Wildlife Enforcement Division
Quebec Region
Environment Canada
(418) 649-6124

Lee Robley
Fish and Wildlife Division
Alberta
Sustainable Resource Development
Provost
(780) 753-2433

Dave Ealey
Communications
Alberta
Sustainable Resource Development
Edmonton
(780) 427-8636
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

You know, what is the most amazing aspect of this whole thing, is not the poaching. It was serious, but it's not the worst example. It's not the greatest detective work, although it does demonstrate good, competent investigative effort. It's not the punishment, although it was relatively severe, it's not as harsh as it might have been.

What's most amazing is that it is alleged that people involved in the hunting industry were the offenders. It's been alleged that people who should be on the moral high ground were flouting some of the most important game laws on the books. Night lighting is about the only thing considered more serious, more immoral.

Either the persons convicted are NOT the same as those who are involved in the business, or else no newspaper reporters pay attention to Federal Government press releases or forums such as this one.

It's utterly amazing that the press hasn't run with this story, big time.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

It has also been stated on two French Canadian TV channels tonight.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
test

Post by test »

sorry if my english is bad i came from quebec city and dont talk english verygood

bernard metivier and mario pepin make movies of deer hunting for tv in quebec

i think he will never remake film for this channel

mario pepin are the owner of buck expert you can see him on the website in frontpage

http://www.buckexpert.com/
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

The Country radio station Y 101.1 fm mentioned it on the 6:00 p.m. news.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Latest, they got canned on a TV show they were usual guess or had a chronicle.

In French

http://www.peche-reportage.com/movabletype/david/
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

LeGrand wrote:Latest, they got canned on a TV show they were usual guess or had a chronicle.

In French

http://www.peche-reportage.com/movabletype/david/
Can anyone translate that for us "yanks"?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Used a web site translator, so it might not be perfect.

--------

Jean Pagé will not diffuse any more the chronicles of Buck Expert
Media - Reaction of Jean Pagé to the business Maryo Pip of Expert Buck
Hello with all
In my last chronicle, I mentioned to you that M. Maryo Pip and Mrs. Veronique Lévesque of Buck Expert pled guilty with charges to have practised hunting illegally in Alberta. I was asking myself what would be the reaction of RDS following this situation. Would the "chronicle of Buck Expert" be maintained in the Chasse emission and Fishes max animated by Jean Pagé on RDS?
I thus wrote to M. Pagé which assure me that the absence of the "chronicle" of M. Pépin last Sunday was not the fruit of chance. Here is an extract of the courriel of M. Pagé which explains to us his reaction when he heard of the judgment of M Pepin was confirmed on Mr. Pepin and of Mrs. Lévesque:
"My decision was made, I cancelled their appearances with RDS at once, after which I went to meet the person in charge for the block reserved for them on thel air. Their films were removed from our shows, what you certainly noted on Sunday, March 3. (...) We have a duty to eliminate poaching. If everybody, practice hunting and fishing ethictly then it would be even more interesting and our fauna would go from there better.
THE INFORMATION GIVEN AT THE END OF THE TEXT WILL BE ABLE TO BENEFIT THE QUOTED CHARACTERS. ALL ARE IMPLIED IN The WORLD Of INFORMATION.
Jean Pagé
end of the quotation
I make a point of thanking M. Pagé for its answer and especially for the decisions which he took following the publication of this news. A few years ago a business even more important to touch the team of Canadian Sportfishing which is always diffused with TSN. Organizers of the show at the time, Henry Waszczuk and Italo Labigan, were both declared guilty of poaching. Italo Labignan is always with the animation of this show. The large majority of the sleeping partners of the show had decided to continue their collaboration with the show in spite of the scandal. "Money talks" said our English friends. And it's the power of sales that took over the Canadian Sportfishing ethical concerns. I was surprised at the time that no other media in the field of hunting and fishing had broadcasted the news in Quebec. Even if one of the biggest English media, The Globe and Mail, of Toronto, had covered that scandal. Although the case today is different, I wish to highlight that RDS took the decision of no longer air Buck Experts airtime, even if it encures us a loss of revenues as lossing a Sponsor. That's the price for keeping our credibility. Know I'm anxious to see if the other newscasters of outdoor activities, the true ones, those that writte for the newspapers will mention this sotry. I'm also anxious to see who is going to continue to advertize publicité for Buck Experts products by hidding their heads in the sand.

Pleasure of reading your commentaries.

--------

That's roughly what it said.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I don't understand why the owners/staff of a very successful hunting product company like that would even consider the risk of doing this ???...

I guess the antler bug bites some people harder than others and the ones who get bit hard are willing to risk all they've got, just for a big set of antlers. What a shame...

That's gonna have to hurt Buck Expert, BIG TIME...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

In the celbrity world of hunters there are real hunters and there are wannabee hunters that are out for two things - to promote themselves and make $$$.

If celebrity hunters want to stay on top they need to "produce" kills of rather large animals at some sort of accpetable rate. That rate has esculated since there is enormous competition for the dollars.

Some people take "shortcut" by hunting game farms and some others poach.

Some do both..

The true hunters just keep on hunting hard...They are the ones that we shoudl support and the others need weeding out..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]